Sill Protectors

How do they attach? The one on the front passenger side is peeling away at the front, and I'd like to get in to repair some rust.  If  source a new one (eg http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Skoda-Octavia-II-04-12-original-OEM-door-sill-covers-RS-Facelift) how do they install? Clips? Glue?

post-122239-0-70903800-1458676289_thumb.jpg
post-122239-0-21659200-1458676281_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by planehazza

I fitted mine myself so can confirm that they are just held on with several strips of double sided tape.

Something like outdoor no more nails double sided tape will probably work, of you can buy proper trim tape which would also work.

Before re-fixing you'd need to make sure the surfaces are fully clean of grease and dirt. Mine have been on for 4 years without any issue.

• Like 1

Have you not thought of getting Skoda to look at it under the body perforation warranty?

I have mate. I put a thread up in general maintenance asking if I stood a chance getting Skoda to fix it under that warranty, but no one replied. I figured it was best in that sub forum with it not being car specific, but I don't think it gets all that much site traffic.

I honestly think Skoda would laugh me out the shop, as it's obviously been like that for a while and I've stupidly not seen it until recently.

I've already emailed them but I don't expect a reply any time soon...

If they refuse to help, I'll just have to remove the door and sill protector and repair it myself. I might see if I can run the automotive paint through my Badger 200 airbrush.

Edited by planehazza

I have mate. I put a thread up in general maintenance asking if I stood a chance getting Skoda to fix it under that warranty, but no one replied. I figured it was best in that sub forum with it not being car specific, but I don't think it gets all that much site traffic.

I honestly think Skoda would laugh me out the shop, as it's obviously been like that for a while and I've stupidly not seen

I've already emailed them but I don't expect a reply any time soon...

If they refuse to help, I'll just have to remove the door and sill protector and repair it myself. I might see if I can run the automotive paint through my Badger 200 airbrush.

But you'll never know their response without trying, for the sake of a visit to the nearest dealer, the worst they say is no.

Edited by Chris B

But you'll never know their response without trying, for the sake of a visit to the nearest dealer, the worst they say is no.

Yeah I agree, I will call them today. Not going to be able to visit until next week. Cars currently sat with zero protection on the paintwork and I'm driving to Wales on Friday, so need to get some wax on it tonight.