Is Corrida Red a Solid Colour or is it Lacquered?

Expatman

Question is in the title. I like red cars but have avoided them for years because red cars of old tended to fade in sunlight. I notice that Corrida Red for the Yeti has a premium of £175 over the other solid colours so wondered why? Is it because it has a protective Lacquer and, if so, does the lacquer prevent fading?

I have a corrida red and it does not have a deep "metallic" lacquer coat but it does have clear coat The cynic in me would say it has a £175 premium because they managed to get people to pay it. When I bought mine all the solid colours (red,white and blue) were no cost, then next price list only blue was no cost.

When I ordered my Yeti you could get a Vauxhall Mokka with metallic as no cost, provided you wanted Tango Orange!

Sent mainly by pure luck using Tapatalk

Edited by Pehar
  • Like 1

Dealer told me they are putting an extra layer of paint on the red if you can belive that

Think it's more to be Pehar's post. Solid colours were originally no cost.

Fred

Premiums for paint colours are a rip off! My wife's white yeti, 64 plate was no extra, mine, 15 plate was £125 extra! No logic at all, both fist colours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk