SAMSUNG GALAXY A3

Upgraded my htc phone to a Samsung Galaxy A3, (through `3`). The htc paired through hfp, I got calls no texts, and the phonebook loaded and updated. The Samsung Galaxy A3 paired through Premium easily, and I can receive calls.  I can also receive texts which can be read on Maxidot, and responded to through Columbus. So far so good. My problem is, only three contacts can be loaded from the phonebook, and one of those contacts is myself!
Even forcing the phonebook to load through Maxidot still brings up the same three (non connected)
contacts. Any help would be appreciated.​

Upgraded my htc phone to a Samsung Galaxy A3, (through `3`). The htc paired through hfp, I got calls no texts, and the phonebook loaded and updated. The Samsung Galaxy A3 paired through Premium easily, and I can receive calls.  I can also receive texts which can be read on Maxidot, and responded to through Columbus. So far so good. My problem is, only three contacts can be loaded from the phonebook, and one of those contacts is myself!

Even forcing the phonebook to load through Maxidot still brings up the same three (non connected)

contacts. Any help would be appreciated.​

Bear in mind any calls or texts received while connected via rSAP are not synced back to the handset - it's like you removed the sim card from the phone and plugged it into the car directly. Unless you have a lot of issues with connection quality using HFP I'd stick with that.

linni, thanks for that. I tried that, and it worked!!  Chimaera,  texts received via rSAP are synced back to the handset [settings>application settings>messages>text messages>manage SIm card messages].

linni, thanks for that. I tried that, and it worked!!  Chimaera,  texts received via rSAP are synced back to the handset [settings>application settings>messages>text messages>manage SIm card messages].

I'll take a look. I had been looking for a global sync option (call log/texts/etc) rather than a specific option per function. That being said, I'm not sure there's a lot to be gained using rSAP over HFP unless you're regularly driving in areas where the network coverage is marginal.

I think the main thing to be gained using rSAP is being able to read sms texts via Maxidot, whereas I don`t think you can read texts using HFP. Hence the reason I upgraded to a phone with rSAP.