I've 6 months to go, so thought to drift around dealerships this week end gone.

If I rolled over and got a like for like replacement Elegance 75hp greentech.... my payments would rise from £163 to £185pcm x36months (no deposit).... no deal though,.....

Guessing this would be 160-ish on 42 months...

Fabia SE 1.2 TSi 90 hp (colour edition?) £217pcm x42 (0 deposit) or £204pcm x42 (£500 dep) , another £9pcm if metallic paint.....  both deals 0% APR

Toyota Yaris Icon 1.33 VVT                        £200pcm x42 (£1,000 deposit) 5.5%?

Honda Civic S Ltd Edition 1.4iVTEC          £217pcm x42 (£1,000 deposit) 5-6%?

Abarth 595 TJet 140                                 £200pcm x42

Abarth 595 Yahama 160                             £217pcm x42 (£500 deposit) 4.5%

These are all for 15,000 mile per annum....

The 4 sensible options are quite hard to separate...

The Fiats... are bit bonkers, 2 seaters, impractical, hard suspension? and high insurance....

Waiting till October...., probably the end of September's the best time for deals?

Fabia colour  would be my choice.

We've had 2 Citigos in our family and I couldn't stand the lack of meaningful acceleration again...

( If they bring out the turbo engine though.......) :think:

I've 6 months to go, so thought to drift around dealerships this week end gone.

If I rolled over and got a like for like replacement Elegance 75hp greentech.... my payments would rise from £163 to £185pcm x36months (no deposit).... no deal though,.....

Guessing this would be 160-ish on 42 months...

Fabia SE 1.2 TSi 90 hp (colour edition?) £217pcm x42 (0 deposit) or £204pcm x42 (£500 dep) , another £9pcm if metallic paint.....  both deals 0% APR

Toyota Yaris Icon 1.33 VVT                        £200pcm x42 (£1,000 deposit) 5.5%?

Honda Civic S Ltd Edition 1.4iVTEC          £217pcm x42 (£1,000 deposit) 5-6%?

Abarth 595 TJet 140                                 £200pcm x42

Abarth 595 Yahama 160                             £217pcm x42 (£500 deposit) 4.5%

These are all for 15,000 mile per annum....

The 4 sensible options are quite hard to separate...

The Fiats... are bit bonkers, 2 seaters, impractical, hard suspension? and high insurance....

Waiting till October...., probably the end of September's the best time for deals?

I'm assuming on all of the above you are only going for RRP of each of the cars? Have you thought about looking at brokers i.e. Carwow, Orangewheels, drivethedeal etc..... I have just moved from my Citigo to a Fabia SEL 1.2 90. My payments went from £99 to £150 for the Fabia - The deal was roughly....

£13K for the Fabia, minus a £500 deposit (but then I get a £500 fuel card so negates the deposit) and that's with 5k miles per year. Plus the dealer also covered my £500 negative equity on the Citigo!

I'm sure you could get the figures much lower though using a broker (I used Carwow)

Edited by daveface

it sounds like your pants are being pulled down......

You need to shop around and ask for big discounts. My citigo sport for 12k miles a year with no deposit would have been around 140pm but I had to shop around. My local dealer was 20pm more!!

As dave has said, price the car up on car wow then goto your local dealer. You shouldn't be paying more than 150 for a citigo or 175 for a fabia!

Isn't metallic pain standard on the Colour editions? As above, see carwow or carfile. 0% is good and I like the Fabia. Be careful buying a Yaris or Civic - both will be replaced soon - get a good discount. Any pre-registered cars will be cheap in September or January but on old plate, of course. The new facelifted up will be here in summer but I don't know how long you will have to wait for the 1.0 tsi to come through. Citigo wont get a facelift till late in the year (here early next year?) but there may be bargains available when it is. Pick up a cheap pre-registered Citigo Colour edition in September? Love the green!

Have you looked elsewhere at the like of the  I10, C1( and Its brother).

we have the i10 and i20 both are the 1.2 86PS engines

they do have pro's and con's (pm me if you want info)

if you look at the fiats, especially the twin air check the service periods and costs, I have heard some stories of huge bills due to oil used is more expensive than liquid gold

Well keeping my powder dry till the autumn.

Probably test drive the Civic and 595 between now and Sunday.

Found the Fabia nice to drive, the Yaris a bit woolly and vague....

But yes, I will use carwow as a negotiation tool...

Got some quotes through Fabia SE L Tsi 90... 12.9 cash or 13.1 on finance....  so 800 off what I was offered.