Finally got a Cinavia Copyright protection free, Blu-ray player.

giandougl

Required a Cinavia protection free, Smart blu-ray MP4 player.

Picked up a SONY Smart blu-ray player from Argos yesterday, (30/03/2016) the very people who instigated (I believe) the Cinavia technology.

Admittedly the unit only plays basic UK blu-rays and dvd's, but it's the protection by-pass I required.

Adding all my dvd's to my collection has grown out of proportion..so now I want to turn them over to MP4 on an external hard-drive.

It takes time for a conversion from a dvd to MP4, and at present have only 80GB left on a 1TB Seagate external hard-drive.

So now I'm going get a Seagate 2TB external hard-drive for the rest of my collection.

Has anyone else experienced Cinavia Copyright protection effecting their film viewing ?

Edited by giandougl

Using a computer is not a problem with the likes of Quick Player, or, VLC programs..for films with Cinavia Copyright Protection.

wouldn't a Chromecast and an app called Vidostream do? I play MP4s from my laptop or external HDD using that combo.

I wanted to use the bedroom TV to watch my MP4 films without a laptop/ computer.

My bedroom TV doesn't play MP4 films, with the USB port, only MP3 jpeg photo stuff, so connecting new Sony player solved the problem..using HDMI port.

So getting rid of SamSung blu-ray player, that detected Cinavia, and replacing with Sony blu-ray that does not detect Cinavia has solved my problem.

Grandson said he will look after the Samsung for me, LOL..

Edited by giandougl
  • Like 1