Squeaky Skoda

Anyone ever hear a squeaking sound after start up? Recently started getting this. It lasts for about 10 seconds and then goes.

Before this though many times after start up I've heard a sound that i can only describe as the noise you get when moving the wing mirrors if that makes any sense but not as squeaky.

Yes, I've had a squeaking before on my 2011 Superb. It started out as a 10/20 second squeaking but over time lasted for longer periods. Had all the belts checked and tensioned etc. I had the water pump changed (under warranty) and that eventually sorted it. That may not be your problem of course - had this got progressively worse or stayed the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spray a fine mist of water from a household water sprayer (like you use when ironing) over the alternator belt when idling, if the noise goes away briefly when you dampen the aux belt, then the belt needs replacing.

If it doesnt, its either a pulley, waterpump or alternator clutch needs looking at.