What If You Knew Who Stole Your Bike?

FUBAR

Good  job I didn't get called for jury duty, he'd be getting let off and compensation from them for a new bike.

When I spotted someone messing with my bike years ago, my immediate course of action was to get my compound bow down and take aim. I'm glad they legged it, I hadn't got my glasses on so I could have hit the bike.

• Like 2

Darlington and Stockton Times has the same articles, but without the pestering to pay for a subscription.

Just search for the NE headline on the D&S website.

http://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.co.uk/news/14391398.Man_used_car_to__smash__into_youths_who_were_riding_his_stolen_motorbike/

No subscription offered for me on that link, but that might be due to adblocker  :thumbup:

Good  job I didn't get called for jury duty, he'd be getting let off and compensation from them for a new bike.

When I spotted someone messing with my bike years ago, my immediate course of action was to get my compound bow down and take aim. I'm glad they legged it, I hadn't got my glasses on so I could have hit the bike.

I am one of those people whose sense of humour is quite dark and I greeted the article with laughter and a 'hell yea!'. There again it's less shocking here I suppose as traditionally to this day we have a habit of shooting joyriders through the knees and for prolific repeat offenders even biblical style crucifixion with hammer and 6" nails has been carried out.....   :bandit:  

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Well, they wont do that again.

So mission accomplished.

If the police caught them theyd just get let off n theyd go n do it again.

A relative of mine in the 90's had a mint late Nova GSi (black) and he was sent by his wife with a list of groceries not far from Belfast to get the weekly shop in. He is fairly tall and well built and coming back to the car with his hands holding 6-8 shopping bags bulging he sees 3 little scum bags already in his car and at the same moment it fires up :o He threw the shopping bags down in front of the car and went for the drivers door as they wheel spun over the shopping spreading it everywhere. They had gotten in by just bending the passenger door out and unlocking it. As it was pulling off he was right there and they hit him with wing mirror as he in pure rage mode at his pride and joy being stolen, clenched his fist and punched the driver as hard as he could breaking the window in the process to get to his quarry. The super market went and fished out his receipt from the debris and made him a brew in the staff room while someone went and picked out all his shopping again and replaced the lot. The police arrived and he explained all that had happened, they told him 'no you didn't hit anyone!' and didn't record that fact  :clap: They said sadly that was as much justice as the little ****s would get as they even if caught are practically powerless in taking real action. The car was spotted and involved in a high speed chase shortly after it was stolen due to how it was being driven and abandoned without being crashed, just a bent door and smelly clutch along with some unexplained glass all over the drivers seat and blood (wasn't my relatives blood :D   :cocktail:

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 4

A relative of mine in the 90's had a mint late Nova GSi (black) and he was sent by his wife with a list of groceries not far from Belfast to get the weekly shop in. He is fairly tall and well built and coming back to the car with his hands holding 6-8 shopping bags bulging he sees 3 little scum bags already in his car and at the same moment it fires up :o He threw the shopping bags down in front of the car and went for the drivers door as they wheel spun over the shopping spreading it everywhere. They had gotten in by just bending the passenger door out and unlocking it. As it was pulling off he was right there and they hit him with wing mirror as he in pure rage mode at his pride and joy being stolen, clenched his fist and punched the driver as hard as he could breaking the window in the process to get to his quarry. The super market went and fished out his receipt from the debris and made him a brew in the staff room while someone went and picked out all his shopping again and replaced the lot. The police arrived and he explained all that had happened, they told him 'no you didn't hit anyone!' and didn't record that fact :clap: They said sadly that was as much justice as the little ****s would get as they even if caught are practically powerless in taking real action. The car was spotted and involved in a high speed chase shortly after it was stolen due to how it was being driven and abandoned without being crashed, just a bent door and smelly clutch along with some unexplained glass all over the drivers seat and blood (wasn't my relatives blood :D :cocktail:

Ahaa. Bet he felt better for gettin a decent punch in!

• Like 1

Mum and dad were having problems with the local youth coming into the yard and messing about/nicking fuel about 10-15 years ago. We got sick of it, wired all the security lights together, and just started letting the dog out when they came on.

We never figured out which one he got, but he was out for a good long while one night and it became good local knowledge that he was faster than a moped (Alsatian cross Wolfhound). The story goes the lad was flat out when he got pulled straight off the scooter by his jacket.

Never had any more fuel nicked after that.

• Like 3

I was a little lad in the 70's when my father was at the pub on a Saturday night when 2 men started fighting outside our motorcycle shop in a city suburb and they were banging the plate glass window so that it was shaking. Fearing that it would break my mother took one of the three shotguns hanging on our living room wall, opened the side door and told them in no uncertain terms to leave. They stopped fighting and legged it pronto. No repercussions, if that was nowadays an ARV and twenty armchair citizens with iPhone set to video would be seeking their 5 minutes of fame with a Sky reporte. Ah the bad old days......

There was one locally a year or so ago where a man saw some strangers go up to his elderly parents vacant house (driveway off a road quite private a place), he went over to see what was going on. He found a window broken and 2 Polish blokes inside, he essentially performed a citizens arrest on them to which they complied. Their compliance I would imagine was due to him having his 9mm out when the Police arrived as he like tens of thousands of private citizens here is licenced to carry PPW. The court hearing was text book in that he didn't use the weapon against them in any way but in fear for his own life he removed it from his concealed holster and held it down by his side pointed at the ground and merely asked them to wait for the police... LOLOL  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A mate of a mate years ago went out for chips on his bike, parked up, went in the chippy and when he came out found a little scrote sat on his bike, then the headlight came on which meant the ignition was on and all that was needed was the starter button pressing.

he put his chips down and broke the guys nose with his helmet. Police came and arrested him for assault, it seems it isn't justifiable to hit someone stealing your bike as the scrote said he was just sat on it and that someone else had rammed a screwdriver into the ignition and he got clean away with it.

Edited by Sheldon.Cooper

I'm assuming the three on the bike have been charged with riding on the stolen bike, no insurance, no crash helmets, dangerous driving (three on a bike) etc.

Had they not stolen the bike they would not have been injured. No sympathy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Haha this reminds me of when I first moved in with my now wife back in 1992 she had a Raleigh banana race bike,well it went missing and a couple of days later I was out walking my German pointer when we had walked across the park we got to the road and he just sat down by the road as if to cross bearing in mind we used to walk along side the road,we crossed over and after a few paces he went straight up a short path to a front door with glass panes in and Lo and behold there was Tasha's bike in the hallway,after a very brief conversation it was back at home in no time at all,it still amazes me even today that he knew where that bike was,cheers Paul

Haha this reminds me of when I first moved in with my now wife back in 1992 she had a Raleigh banana race bike,well it went missing and a couple of days later I was out walking my German pointer when we had walked across the park we got to the road and he just sat down by the road as if to cross bearing in mind we used to walk along side the road,we crossed over and after a few paces he went straight up a short path to a front door with glass panes in and Lo and behold there was Tasha's bike in the hallway,after a very brief conversation it was back at home in no time at all,it still amazes me even today that he knew where that bike was,cheers Paul

Dogs have amazingly good sense of smell, I would say he picked up the scent of the bike, recognized it and followed the scent to where it was concealed. Well done dog and a good result.

Ian

Dogs have amazingly good sense of smell, I would say he picked up the scent of the bike, recognized it and followed the scent to where it was concealed. Well done dog and a good result.

Ian

The bike must of had a smelly saddle then?!