Skoda Fabia Mk2 vRS 'Positive thread' Part 2. (Part 1 was locked.)

I have not had my vRS for the past 3 weeks and it is away for the next 6 weeks,

now getting withdraw symptoms.

I would like to be taking it out now in the Rain, Sleet and Snow.

Where has the vrs gone

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Having become somewhat disillusioned with the vRS over recent months -mainly because of oil consumption & dealer attitude, I now affirm my No 1 fan status.

Since getting the car back, after remedial work, which I believe was a software update, breather mod & oil jets, it now seems to fly faster than ever, & that is with the engine in it's original form i.e no bolt on tuning goodies.

I can only put the increased performance down to the software update as the other two mods wouldn't affect performance - or would they?

I haven't had the oil consumption test figures confirmed yet, but I do know I don't have wipe off soot deposits from the rear bumper & rear screen every other day now, so they must have done something good.

My plans to PX it are now on hold, simply because test drives in similar cars - Mini Cooper, Suzuki Swift, Polo Gti & Peugeot  208GTi, noway compare.

Mind you the PX offers did have some bearing as well.

• Like 2

Car ran faultlessly for 2 weeks while away in Devon and Cornwall. Couldn't possibly squeeze any more in it for the trip home.

This is us parked up just before we left for home.

1600 miles covered in total.post-100530-0-74058500-1462689543_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperTurbo

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a 3 month debacle with VAG, I can now confirm that the remedial work SEEMS to have worked. The dealer had declined to carry out any work under warranty because of my modifications, ie Catback exhaust & ITG maxogen. Well I won that battle. (story yet to be told)

Previously I was using the best part of 2 litres per 1000KM, but now (according to the test), it's only 0.018 litres per 1000km, thats 100 times better.

Now I'm free from the shackles of warranty conditions, my vRS has started to breathe again. I've just put the TMC box & the ITG Maxogen  back on.  I'd forgotten what performance was like.

Wow. Amazing!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

BUMP for MrTommo,   see the Part 1 thread as well. 

Many love the cars, More smiles per miles. Much Cheapness.

Feed them good fluids, and give them a good thrashing on a regular basis.

Bargain Replacement is a Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192 PS.

In Todays money they are cheaper than a 1.4 TSI Polo GTI was in 2010.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1