Bit Confused

bradfordfabia

My car was new on May 3rd 2013 and as you can see from the attachment, the tax only runs till the end of April because it will become untaxed on May 1st.

Hope this helps?

post-99780-0-68137100-1459884872_thumb.jpg

If the car was taxed in June it would be due end of May, whereas if it appears it may have been taxed in May and you collected it in June so it would be due end of April.

The dealer administration would have taxed it as soon as they had the paperwork, regardless of its location. But its £20 for a whole year so not really a big deal? but certainly worth shouting at the dealer on principal.

I wouldn't worry about it too much bradfordfabia. I don't think you have been sold a bad car or anything. If the car showed up as 'at the port' in Germany, it could have already been on the boat or got a boat the next day or had to wait several days - the dealer wouldn't know. The car obviously arrived in May and they could have waited until June to tax it but I wouldn't worry too much. 

The thing to consider if interested is.

When the Dealership or Importer First Register with the DVLA, your Manufacturers Warranty is started running, 

and it is then 3 years until the first MOT is due in the UK.

So if anyone is Registering too early before delivery to get a Sales in that month or Quarter, they are benefiting maybe at the Customers Expense.

(So you ask for a gesture from them, fair is fair, they are boosting the money in their hipper, they can give you a Free Service or the likes.)