Specced up 220 vs 230 PCP

Hi folks,

My local skoda dealer has said that the 230 isn't available with 0% finance like the 220, so I wondered what I would need to add to the 220 to get the same spec (apart from the extra 10bhp and the diff)?

Leather seats. Electronic adjustable. Memory seat driver. Only with red stitching. Glossy black interior parts. (Rs carbon lookalike). Amundsen GPS (in Norway dont know uk spec)

Outside 19 extreme. Black Pack. Black exhaust outlets.

Think they are both on a 4.9% deal now, 230s although dont look like a lot of spec over standard but if you specced a 220 with 230 options the 220 would be dearer, so the 230 is actually well priced and you get the diff and electric full leather seats

Leather seats. Electronic adjustable. Memory seat driver. Only with red stitching. Glossy black interior parts. (Rs carbon lookalike). Amundsen GPS (in Norway dont know uk spec)

Outside 19 extreme. Black Pack. Black exhaust outlets.

Front Seats are heated, headlamps have a darker surround and exhaust is freer flowing i.e. A bit louder. extremes are gloss black instead of anthracite.

eDiff is a great bit of kit

Do it, you know it makes sense

Front Seats are heated, headlamps have a darker surround and exhaust is freer flowing i.e. A bit louder. extremes are gloss black instead of anthracite.

eDiff is a great bit of kit

Do it, you know it makes sense

I know. I have one up for delivery week 21. With all options.

If you need the space of an Octavia go for it.

If not there are better sporty cars for £26k e.g.

Golf R, Toyota GT86, Subaru BRZ, Focus ST, Jag XE 200ps etc etc

Don't get me wrong, the Octavia is a good car, but its 3 years old, £26k is pushing the limits a bit...

With a good discount you can get a 220 Vrs for 19k, that's a lot more palatable.

Edited by glosrich

If you need the space of an Octavia go for it.

If not there are better sporty cars for £26k e.g.

Golf R, Toyota GT86, Subaru BRZ, Focus ST, Jag XE 200ps etc etc

Don't get me wrong, the Octavia is a good car, but its 3 years old, £26k is pushing the limits a bit...

With a good discount you can get a 220 Vrs for 19k, that's a lot more palatable.

I love the golf R but would need the estate... and although I haven't looked, I think the golf would be too expensive on finance.

Mrs Kidd isn't a fan of the ford and I don't feel I am old enough for a jag...

With regards the discount, are you suggesting I can get a new octavia for £19k?

With regards the discount, are you suggesting I can get a new octavia for £19k?

There are adverts for 18-20% off list price

buyanewcaronline, Discounted New cars, New Car Discount are examples

The cheapest I can see is £19.8k (before options), so also interested in who is selling for £19k

As John says, looks like New Car discount are the cheapest at the moment.

Broadspeed can only get to £20757 for the 220ps VRs Hatch manual.

https://broadspeed.com/CarView/Skoda/Octavia/37315/TSI_2.0_220PS_Petrol_vRS_Manual_5_doors

The Octavia actually ends up being quite expensive as the residuals aren't very good, so it costs quite a lot on finance.

Run a PCP quote on the Skoda website, but after 3 years/10k pa, they reckon a VRs is only worth £9500!

Dont discount the Jag, they aren't old mans car anymore, you can spec them in some lovely sporty colours and designs.

The XE has got good reviews, and the 2 litre turbo 200ps is well rapid. Just not very big, only 3 series saloon size.

Being and Landrover man, you'd like a Jag. 

Feel proud to buy British, well maybe a bit Indian...lol.

Edited by glosrich

The April brochure is back on Skoda UK website

230 gets following additional as standard over other vRS :

leather sports seats with red stitching, heated front seats, elec drivers seat, 19 inch extreme wheels, auto dimming mirror, black design mirrors and grille, black gloss exhaust with sound, black badges, colour maxi dot and lap timer, electric memory door mirror, electo mechanical front diff, front and rear parking sensors,

The April brochure is back on Skoda UK website230 gets following additional as standard over other vRS :leather sports seats with red stitching, heated front seats, elec drivers seat, 19 inch extreme wheels, auto dimming mirror, black design mirrors and grille, black gloss exhaust with sound, black badges, colour maxi dot and lap timer, electric memory door mirror, electo mechanical front diff, front and rear parking sensors,

No mention of the black backfill on the xenons? Is this no longer a feature, or do you reckon they just forgot to list it?

Edited by Nezman

• Administrators

That's just it, these cheap fleet cars will cost overall about the same... or the finance company is taking a hit in 3 years. Ultimately it's what suits you today, tomorrow etc :) Worry about 3 years if and when it arrives :)

Skoda have dropped the 0% but are doing deposit contributions and other magic, again it's not possible to make cost disappear, it's all there, just hidden cleverly...

• Like 1