Connecting a Samsung s6

I've just got our new superb and it's mainly great, but I can't connect my phone (Samsung galaxy s6).

It is recognised by the system (as Samsung_android) and the phone launches android auto, but then the system says "no compatible apps. The device may not be compatible with mirrorlink".

I thought some apps would work, like maps, or Spotify at least.

A guide to get Spotify working would be useful.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks for any assistance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't use Mirrorlink, it only works with specific apps and Spotify isn't one of them. AFAIK it does work with Android Auto (Google Play Music certainly does), it would probably be better to pair your phone with that instead.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Make sure the latest Android Auto is installed on your GS6 (get it from the Google Play Store).

Then you should be golden. After the app is installed, connect your phone to the car with the ignition on and it should launch Android Auto on your GS6 automatically. Then select SmartLink on the infotainment system and navigate to Android Auto if not done so automatically.

You're problem may be due to the default settings. You need to go into the individual phone setting on the infotainment system and ensure that Android Auto is the default choice, as opposed to Mirrorlink, when you connect your GS6. On the Smartlink homepage in the car, on the bottom left I think there is a Mangage Devices option and find your phone and ensure it defaults to Android Auto.

Edited by Dilz

Make sure you are using the correct cable that is good for data transfer otherwise it will not work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine is the same. I don't want to use mirror link as I don't like the functionality - I think mirror link is more like the CarPlay system, but I get the same message no compatible apps. Surely the phone and messages are compatible?

Trying googling mirror link apps my Samsung s5 said no apps but the I found out that if I installed rocks out app then I can access Spotify via that using Mirrorlink but only certain apps are Mirrorlink compatible which tbh I am disappointed in and even though google maps works with android auto Spotify also dos but appears to be tempremental.

topic can be merged with

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/395057-phone-connectivity-columbus/

&

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393740-columbus-and-mirrorlink/

btw Android Auto is country depended :(

Android Auto compatible vehicles and stereos are currently available in:
 Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
2016.04.05 +
 Argentina, Austria, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatamala, India, Panama, Paraguay, Peru,
 Puerto Rico, Russia, Switzerland, Uruguay, Venezuela

I have mine set up with my lg g3.

Sometimes it works first time.. Sometimes not at all.

I have to click a message on my phone to "connect to computer " and then select mtp rather than charge.. Then it will connect.. Or not.

You can set the pref of Android auto or mirror link to use first.. But if Android auto fails it will try mirror link which is frustrating as my phone does not support mirror link.

I'm running marshmallow and latest version of AA.

Hoping next releases sort these bugs out.

Amazon music works great and the reading out loud of what's app message too is good...