2010 Octavia DRL bulbs

Hi!

Im thinking of changing my DRL bulbs to LED that matches the xenon to get a newer look on the car.

The bulbs that are used for DRL is in the fog light housing and from instruction book is a PY21W SLL. 

What is the difference between the PY21W and the P21W? Different socket? 

Im also guessing that the Octavia is pretty sensitivte for LED`s..? So if I change to LED I will get a bulb out error on the computer? Can someone confirm this? If, its is no problem, I will just add a resistance do avoid it.

That's almost certainly a mistake in the manual.

The MK2 FL should take P21W SLL for the DRL. Any P21W will fit but the SLL (super long life) is recommended to increase the bulb life as they are on for long periods.

You can fit LED's but make sure they are good quality. Most will cause a bulb warning that can be fixed either using ODIS-e or VCP (not VCDS), alternatively resistors should be OK. I use a pair of these after coding the bulb warning out http://www.morimotohid.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-1156-bulbs.html

The indicators are PY21W bulbs, the socket is different as the pins are offset rather that opposite:

T25-base-typet-%20right.JPG

Hi and thanks for good information:).

I will take out the existing bulb just to clearlify the socket. It would sound strange if they use PY sockets on some and P on others..

I have found some really good quality LED bulbs to swap them out with, looking forward to the change :)!

Just a question.... is your 2010 octavia a facelift version... if so its the same as mine and this is exactly the same information I am after. :)

The information I posted is definitely for the FL.

I don't believe the pre-FL has DRL as a factory fitted option :)

Hi!

Just to close this case. langers2k was completey right! There was a mistake in the manual! The manual said PY21W (BAU15s), but the actuall socket is P21W (BA15s).

I have ordered new LEDs P21W with CREED chips and some resistance also to get around the bulbwarning.

Will post a picture when installed :)! Looking forward to it!

Edited by Sfinxern

• 5 years later...