nooo wrong oil

mostly

From what I can gather on this thread, you should be OK as long as your car is standard. IIRC, the manual says you are OK to use long-life oil even though your Fabia vRS is set to 10k intervals instead of variable servicing.

(I'm assuming it's a Fabia vRS - your profile says you drive a Superb!)

From what I can gather on this thread' date=' you should be OK as long as your car is standard. IIRC, the manual says you are OK to use long-life oil even though your Fabia vRS is set to 10k intervals instead of variable servicing.

(I'm assuming it's a Fabia vRS - your profile says you drive a Superb!)[/quote']

Fabias can't be set to variable servicing....................................can they?

Fabias can't be set to variable servicing....................................can they?

I believe it's possible, and it's certainly mentioned in the generic Fabia manual. Don't know why the vRS is on fixed servicing, though...

From what I can gather on this thread' date=' you should be OK as long as your car is standard. IIRC, the manual says you are OK to use long-life oil even though your Fabia vRS is set to 10k intervals instead of variable servicing.

(I'm assuming it's a Fabia vRS - your profile says you drive a Superb!)[/quote']

cheers, I've just been in to the dealer & for the past 18 months they've been using long life in all pd 130 & 150's variable or not.

I just had a xmas induced panic, I'll off to the pub to calm down :)

& change me profile

The local skoda garage here , told me to top up with that oil if need be as thats what they put in the vrs at servicing, however reading the manual, that oils not the spec, for fixed servicing, so went and asked the vw garage they said, dont use longlife oil, use the vw pd oil, so looks like any one, whos had there vrs serviced at this garage has probably got the wrong oil in it, phoned a few other skoda garages at the time and all said use pd oil.

reckon as soon as the customers out of sight ,out comes the Asda sunflower oil .to save a few bob!