Yet(i) another issue... Any ideas?

Jimrod

Well this morning the latest in a long line of niggles with my 4500mile new L&K DSG 150 Yeti has arisen, I'm wondering if anyone might have a clue...

Basically since I pulled off the drive this morning my Yeti has sounded, the best I can describe, like I'm dragging a tin can along underneath the car. Quite a loud and noticeable metallic jangling at low speeds, seemingly coming from the front of the car (hard to tell for sure), at higher speeds it seems to go, it doesn't seem to be affected by going over speed bumps (so doesn't seem to be anything loose like an exhaust bracket) and doesn't seem to occur in reverse. I've looked underneath and in the engine bay and nothing looks amiss... 

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated and welcomed! :D

Thanks guys, I'll try to swing it around a bit in the car park later and hopefully if it's a stone it'll come out, my tyres are always full of gravel it seems so quite possible!

I don't think it's the heat shield, I tried to rattle it about but seemed firmly fixed enough...

Cheers.

Edited by Jimrod

sounds like a loose heat shield to me' you may think it is firmly fixed but if one fixing bolt is a bit loose it could make this sound with engine and road viabration, does it do it stationary when you rev the engine ( blip the throttle ) a little ? say up to 2k revs