lost so much on Octavia" Dieselgate " so off to a honda

2142 pounds in neg equity with a 4K deposit I'm not silly i know cars loose money but what they think its worth is crap

24000 miles fsh 12k REALLY I mean yes I could sell private but it's scary for others that's why I have posted

19,000 miles, 33 months old and quoted £12,800.

A lot of people are not 'buying' though they are merely end users within a company car scheme. They loose nothing apart from a small tax increase, not a big drama

Who buys a new car to panic about it loosing money. We buy them for reasons such as reliability, warranty, ego, kudos etc.

It's a skoda, it's not desirable it's not collectable it's not an engineering marvel. They are just basic cheap cars. Of course they will plummet in value why one assume otherwise.

It's not great, granted but maybe some other brands hold their value better?

Shame but after a 4K deposit and 25 months of paying I'm 2k in neg equity I find this totally upsetting

I went to skoda dealer who said it might correct it self at end of term I said I don't really want to find out lol

So I'm off to Honda a Crv yes totally different but 6.6 k saving and buying me out of the skoda pcp

If you stayed until the end of the PCP - there wouldn't be any negative equity as you have the choice to hand the car back  and as long as it was bought with the correct mileage and has been taken care of - nothing extra to pay.

You wouldn't have a deposit either but that's better than losing £2k.

They said and I quote there would be a chance that it would be still in neg equity so why pay more into a negative deal?the skoda dealer said that it was a touch and go as it wouldn't get worse ok you say hand it back but I'm putting more money down the toilet

My payments would be until October and that would be a waste as no different to putting that money into the Honda deal

Also I know cars loose money but this has lost lots and lots .

I think it does have to do with vw group stuff I'm hearing it lots about the "silent knock on" when we signed up for our 4th pcp deal with skoda we all thought there would be 1500-2000 left at the end because of the "good " residual the oct generally had.

I think now it is going to keep on going down like said I have had 2x Audi and one fiat and a bloody ford even all lost money but at a lesser rate or the pcp deal was set right.