Sill Damage...

Typical.

My bike fell against the vRS over the weekend (I watched it happen in slow motion, nothing I could do about it) and the brake lever appears to have gone through the sill like a bullet; I presume this won't cause any problems for repair i.e. I know on some modern cars the sills are structural and depending on where the damage is they will not always repair them. I'm really hoping there will be no issues in repairing the damage.

post-134775-0-07116500-1462292167_thumb.jpg

post-134775-0-99190600-1462292173_thumb.jpg

Wow!  I was expecting a dent, not a hole.  I had a similar incident once with one of the kid's scooters.  Luckily it wasn't a hole but still annoying as like you I saw it happening & there was nothing I could have done.  Hope  you get it sorted soon.

Edited by skinnyman

Wow, when you say bike I assume a motor bike?

That is repairable, not easy or particularly cheap though.

Assuming they choose to repair it rather than replace it I'd imagine there will be some cutting, patching and welding involved, then the painting on top.

Or depending on the age, condition and value of the car a good dollop of filler should offer a quicker fix.

Definitely worth repairing, its a 2013 Blackline vRS with sensible miles and in otherwise pristine condition, I must admit watching it unfold I couldn't believe the damage myself I was expecting a dent of some description seeing the bike (you're right, a motorbike) fall into it but not a hole..! Needless to say it's going to be an insurance claim given its left dents all down the door too which will require some paint work; I'm hoping it'll be done properly as opposed to a packet of filler and a band aid. Not that it necessarily means anything in this day and age but I am with Admiral who guarantee all their repairs for 5 years so hoping that counts for something.

The insurance claim itself was more interesting, tried to claim off the bike insurance (I am the policy holder for both policies) so that I didn't have to pay excess on 2 claims but as I own both vehicles I can't be a 3rd party so it became very confusing very quickly! Just frustrating as the bike caused the damage, the car was parked up and not in use.

Such is life.

Edited by mikesouthby