New ACC and RVC options

They should be soon, I'm sure that they'll be available as options just like they are elsewhere.

I'm hoping ACC will be retrofitable...

Two new options appeared in the hungarian Fabia configurator, adaptive cruise control and rear view camera.

Just sayin' :)

adaptive? in what way? it doesn't cruise anymore?

It uses the radar on the front (part of Front Assist). Basically, you set it at, say 70 mph. And it'll stay there. Until you come up behind someone doing 60, and the car will slow to 60 and stay a fixed distance away from the car in front. With DSG, it'll brake the car to a halt for you and get going again when the car in front moves off. It's pretty damn cool technology!

This video explains

Hmm.. not sure for the driver behind one of these cars it would be great.. the number of people who cut you up on a motorway and the car decides.. sorry too close.. I'll brake and slow down.. and someone else cuts in.. sorry too close.. I'll brake and slow down.. etc..etc.. until you're at a crawl.. and it's not going to work in a manual car surely? only for automatics I presume.. otherwise you'll be getting nags about changing gear..and won't be able to keep up with the damn thing as it changes its mind..

on a side note.. I assume the radar doesn't work too well in thick fog? just like speed cameras don't?

Apparently this ACC system works amazingly well with a manual gearbox. System brakes and accelerates within the confines of the gear currently selected and alerts the driver to depress the clutch and change gear accordingly without cancelling the cruise control as per normal systems!

Apparently this ACC system works amazingly well with a manual gearbox. System brakes and accelerates within the confines of the gear currently selected and alerts the driver to depress the clutch and change gear accordingly without cancelling the cruise control as per normal systems!

Why spec ACC and a manual gearbox, surely having to prompt you to manually change something manually rather defeats the purpose of an automatic system. It would be like choosing auto wipers but needing to flick the switch yourself if only drizzle rather than rain.

My experience of normal cruise is you need an auto gearbox, otherwise it can't cope when you encounter a hill either that requires changing down.

Where I live the low speed traffic queue assist would be more useful.

• Like 1

The VW Group ACC does low-speed traffic jam assist if you have a DSG.

Normal cruise is fine with a manual- if you come up to a hill that the car can't cope with then you just take over briefly. With ACC it's the same- if you have to slow below the appropriate speed for the gear, you just change down.

Ive had it on a couple of manual Mk7 GTD's...its excellent. The only difference as already mentioned is that the manual cant come to a complete stop and restart again on the ACC....when you drop below the minimum speed threshold the car bleeps at you and tells you to brake.

Its a great system....not entirely infaliable but now having a car with regular cruise I do rather miss it.

....that said I wouldnt pay hundreds of £ to spec it on a Fabia.

It's only £375 on the SE, which doesn't have regular cruise. Not too bad IMO! If I was ordering a new factory build then I'd go for it.

I am having a Fabia SEL Estate being built right now. The Adaptive Cruise Control is definitely an option I would have gone for had it been available when I ordered the car just a few weeks ago.

I think it's bit of a kick in the teeth by Skoda to their loyal customers who have bought or ordered the new Mk 3 model previously and who were not given the option. - Its not as if its brand new technology after all!

Perhaps Skoda will show respect to these loyal customers by offering it as a retrofit item?

Customer loyalty is easily lost with issues like this and should be properly addressed by the new CEO.

Fabblack

Hopefully- I'd retrofit.

But they've got to start offering things at some point, someone's always going to have ordered just before something was changed.

I am having a Fabia SEL Estate being built right now. The Adaptive Cruise Control is definitely an option I would have gone for had it been available when I ordered the car just a few weeks ago.

I think it's bit of a kick in the teeth by Skoda to their loyal customers who have bought or ordered the new Mk 3 model previously and who were not given the option. - Its not as if its brand new technology after all!

Perhaps Skoda will show respect to these loyal customers by offering it as a retrofit item?

Customer loyalty is easily lost with issues like this and should be properly addressed by the new CEO.

Fabblack

"A kick in the teeth".....not really it's just life............same when you buy anything these days; wait six months and an upgraded product will be released. Particularly true of technology products e.g. mobiles, cameras, computers etc.

Regards Bob

• Like 1