I give up...

After having picked up the VRS from the dealership today to have a door seal and some carpets replaced, I drove to work today in silence because...the columbus did not make a sound. Tried a reset. Nothing.

The MFD just says 'Audio is currently not available', volume button brings up the volume bar but otherwise does nothing.

So here is my thinking, in the process of replacing the carpets, did they possibly forget to connect something under the passenger seat? Or cut/crushed/broke a cable?

I have attached some pictures...any ideas welcome.

Thank you

post-110041-0-80639000-1462563882_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-31866400-1462563899_thumb.jpg

I tried that but seems correct. I wonder if there should be some kind of power supply in the empty slot on the right of the picture?

Can anyone confirm what theirs looks like? I think you need to have the Canton system but cannot be sure.

Usually apply the 'what did they touch last' method.

Saying this I had a couple quirks on an amundsen system like this. Audio not available yet as you say audio bar scrolls up and down.

Total power off I E., engine off 'fixed' this glitch for me

I would have said the pink clip doesn't look right also but checked mine and it's the same as yours. I also have another harness in the right hand slot. It comes in from the left side of the seat by floor with the other harness in this box and a harness going to pass anger seat. I will try to post pics.

IMHO I'd be back to the dealer tomorrow and get them to sort it, went in working came out broken, make them sort it then go elsewhere in future lol!

The socket on the right is for FO cable ("MOST" connection) - apparently nothing is connected, so your head unit does not communicate with amp. In other words, there is no input to the amp.

Check for the fiber optic cable there. If you find it loose, try to clean it and put it in maybe. Check also if there is no contamination in that socket - it must be kept absolutely pristine / clean - otherwise optical link may not work. The way they left it open...well, not exactly professional.

Pics now attached. The missing cable is optical. There are 2 orange leads just in corner of image. As mentioned one to head unit and one to sub I'd say

post-140356-0-03577300-1462606778_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for that.

Just had another look and I can see two orange cables disappearing underneath the amp. I don't want to pull on them too much but would say that these have been left and not plugged in and the carpet has been put on top.

It's all pretty poor as thats the third time now that I have to bring the car back to repair issue that arose from another repair job.

Update. I have mustered the courage and slowly managed to pull the cable out underneath the amp, plugged in, and it's working!!

Thank you for your help everyone.

• Like 2

Are you going into the dealership to point out the error of their ways? Given the poor workmanship and your inconvenience perhaps there may be some gesture of goodwill from them.

Plus it will be documented in case of a failure in the future due to their covering the cable with the carpet.

Edited by kalpat
  • Like 1

I am due to call them on Monday anyway as I had highlighted the issue on the phone on Friday.

The strange thing is that during the phone call, I was told that the technician who parked up the car said that the radio was working then...so he was clearly not telling the truth. 

It is as you say poor workman ship and just overall sloppy.

I am due to call them on Monday anyway as I had highlighted the issue on the phone on Friday.

The strange thing is that during the phone call, I was told that the technician who parked up the car said that the radio was working then...so he was clearly not telling the truth.

It is as you say poor workman ship and just overall sloppy.

Anyone can make mistakes, even if they should know better... However, lying is another thing completely. Think a good dose of "both barrels" to the service manager is in order!

• Like 1