New stereo keeps losing memory

Hi all,

I just bought a 2002 Fabia Estate which came with an old JVC stereo so I bought a new stereo with USB, bluetooth etc.

Like the old one, the new stereo doesn't power on by itself when I turn on the ignition and turns off only when I take off the keys + loses memory everytime.

Apparently I'm supposed to swap the red and yellow wires, but the stereo didn't come with a wiring loom that has bullet connectors in it so how am I supposed to do it?

I have bought this adapter hoping this would do the trick (http://www.ebay.fr/itm/151878092386?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) but it doesn't work either...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English!

IMG_1370218e.jpg IMG_1371e634.jpg

You have the permanent live and switched live the wrong way round.

You either have to take the pins out and swap the yellow and red wire, or cut them both and solder/heatshrink them or crimp them depending on what tools you have available.

Do this on the harness you have bought so to keep the cars wiring original

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Like 1

Definitely sound alike switched live and positive live are wrong way round (yellow and red wires).

Can you get a picture of the wiring behind the radio, think this will help the most for what to do next.

As your unit is 16pin iso straight into the back of the radio, I think you will find that the blue fuse has three pins, pull the fuse out and move it down a pin, it "swaps the red and yellow wires" internally. Job done.

As your unit is 16pin iso straight into the back of the radio, I think you will find that the blue fuse has three pins, pull the fuse out and move it down a pin, it "swaps the red and yellow wires" internally. Job done.

Unfortunately there is a piece of plastic in the other pin and it looks like it's glued in...

IMG_1416ec5c.jpg

Definitely sound alike switched live and positive live are wrong way round (yellow and red wires).

Can you get a picture of the wiring behind the radio, think this will help the most for what to do next.

IMG_1417a09c.jpg

You have the permanent live and switched live the wrong way round.

You either have to take the pins out and swap the yellow and red wire, or cut them both and solder/heatshrink them or crimp them depending on what tools you have available.

Do this on the harness you have bought so to keep the cars wiring original

I'll give it a go, thanks!