Breakdown recovery in europe.

I'm taking my Mark 2 Jaguar over to Belgium in August on a classic car rally to Ypres.

I'd like to cover it for 1 week for recovery to the UK, just in case it blows a gasket or something.

Any recommendations gratefully received...

I'm taking my Mark 2 Jaguar over to Belgium in August on a classic car rally to Ypres.

I'd like to cover it for 1 week for recovery to the UK, just in case it blows a gasket or something.

Does the Jaguar Owners Club or Enthusiasts Club etc not have deal with someone?

We have a good one, can't remember who it's with. Will speak to wife in the morning and get back to you. You may have a problem with it being a classic though.

Finding cover for older cars is getting more difficult and expensive.

I use my Nationwide flexplus joint account - £10 month car breakdown(inc Europe) for two cars (1 each - no age limit) , mobile phone cover and travel insurance that covers some pre-existing conditions (even cancer from a few years ago) and free withdrawals from cashpoint abroad. For me overall - a bargain !

Edited by bigjohn

Hi bilun. Our breakdown cover is through direct line but that through our car insurance.

I'm watching this thread, I started one last month and thought our bank account cover would be ok but it doesn't include recovery so need to buy some. 

One thing to remember, if it's going to cost more to recover the vehicle than it's worth they wont bother, not sure how old/what the value is of your jag.