"Sonic" Race Blue 2012 Fabia VRS Wagon

SuperTurbo

Thought it was about time I started a project thread after owning the car for over 3 years

I've done a few mods since owning which I will begin to document, along with the £1200 I've spent so far this year on stuff I haven't installed yet.

Post is a WIP as I collate some images :)

• Like 2

As the car sits now.

Current mods:

ITG Induction

Bilstein B8 Shocks

H&R 40mm Springs

Whiteline rear anti roll bar

Black rally style mudflaps

New 2013 style Skoda badges

EBC Yellow Stuff pads up front

1b095d41df6bd522f77581848e0f1189.jpg

2da674ba9d89ebb1b3eab0a2f917bc8c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by SuperTurbo
  • Like 1

The Yellow Stuff pads are a huge improvement. Much more resistant to brake fade compared to OEM pads when combined with ATE super blue or ATE Typ 200 brake fluid.

Some people including myself find them more prone to sqealing in stop start driving. Many people have no sqealing at all. Can be found for around £80 a set.

2a41a281d23c4f9f58eeb0ec55a65ce4.jpg

Here's one of Sonic's treats. A bargain GFB DV+ was marked down to £60 brand new of the demon tweeks eBay outlet.

• Like 2

a3811ba99fd0acd8e14c31817e043dab.jpg

Pic just after a quick once over since being back from the west Country and fitting the new wheels.

looks fantastic there! :) and I agree, yellowstuff and super blue made a huge improvement on mine too :)

Cheers. Got an alignment problem on the front end I need sorting asap. Possibly bent lower arm :/

On another note...

fdeaf0cf8c7fd3cfdf4260335c07667f.jpg

Flap extensions. So much better :)

71b0560641c34a2adbbb32fdb6be59d7.jpg

A small addition :)

Car is booked in to have the wonky wheel issue looked at this week. Then I can move on to some of my bigger plans...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not the best pic but now all the issues with the subframe being out of line have been sorted, I've now put the wheel spacers on.

12mm up front and 15mm on the rear with 7j et35 wheels.

Will get some better pics up soon but now I'm thinking the car needs to be lower! I just don't fancy the idea of coil overs....

5c9777e94f5e5cb832f80b2587151737.jpg

Did you put the springs and b8 shocks in at the same time, or have you had experiences with springs only vs b8+h&r? Got a set of h&r springs, thinking hard about saving up for a set of b8 to put in while I'm at it. 

Wheels looking rad at that offset.

Edited by larsberg

I had the shocks and springs at the same time.

My overall view on this setup is that although significantly stiffer than standard it actually handles bumps better with the bilstein, it's far more controlled and composed.

Yeah really happy with the offset now, might have to reduce the rear spacers to 12mm as the tyre is fractionally past the arch.

As I said I will get some better pics over the next couple of days :)

Yeah, I hear everyone with b8/b12 loving the way it handles. Just seems like the smart thing to do when you already need to pull the front dampers off. It's alread a ****** of a job (my speculations, never changed springs on a car), bad idea to have to do it twice. 

Cheers. Got an alignment problem on the front end I need sorting asap. Possibly bent lower arm :/

On another note...

fdeaf0cf8c7fd3cfdf4260335c07667f.jpg

Flap extensions. So much better :)

hmm, they look much firmer and better quality than the cheap carbon fibre looking plasticy things i bought a while back..  Do those ones just stick on with 3M tape?

Yeah they are still secured with 3m tape, at first I didn't think they would be that sturdy as there was a bit of movement but now I've used them a bit the tape must have bedded in and now they are rock solid.

I now find myself driving in manual almost all the time.

Yeah they are still secured with 3m tape, at first I didn't think they would be that sturdy as there was a bit of movement but now I've used them a bit the tape must have bedded in and now they are rock solid.

I now find myself driving in manual almost all the time.

How easy would it be/what's the best way to get the old ones off? Think I may swap them for the ones you've got! Fantastic looking car too by the way!