portable DVD mount for VRS with integral headrest seats ?

Hello,

Anyone know of any portable DVD mounts for either the rear arm rest of the front seat rest but facing to the back seats ?

We have one the attached the rear seat headrest metal support legs but now our son is too big for a rear facing car seat and there is nothing to fix it onto on the front seats with the integral headrests.

We have a long journey coming up soon were boredom will set in after five minutes !

Cheers

I have this, which mounts to the rear of the front headrests or the central rear cupholders. Not so sure it would take a portable DVD player though but can manage anything up to i-Pad in size.

2016-05-10_23-24-28.jpg

Checkout Superskoda for further details.

Edited by fgaffney

There is plenty options on eBay too.

I have one I bought for 9€ or. Gets the job done, only gripe was vibration noise when no tablet was in.

You can also consider (especially if you have 2 kids) a dedicated system with 2 units (one is just slave), 2 mounts, split power supplies, remote control, etc.

I presume the OP has these seats below, which compounds the issue as regular type mounts don't work.

skodaoctaviavrs230_10.jpg?mode=pad&quali

You can also consider (especially if you have 2 kids) a dedicated system with 2 units (one is just slave), 2 mounts, split power supplies, remote control, etc.

I have one of these systems, Nextbase, one going spare as the kids have tablets now.

• Like 1

I presume the OP has these seats below, which compounds the issue as regular type mounts don't work.

skodaoctaviavrs230_10.jpg?mode=pad&quali

There are 2 types: one that latches on typical headrest supports (no chance with seats like above) or other type - a pocket with straps/harness so to say - that may work assuming you get one that does not require opening below headrest.

I don't know what your portable DVD player is like, but mine you can bend back over itself, like my tablet case does, so I just use a piece of string to mount it on the back of the seat when I need it.

20160505_184143.jpg

• Like 3

You might also be able to get a goose-neck thing that mounts to the front seat mounting point... I've seen phone holders like that for the front so may be available for the rear too.

That string is a nice simple solution too though.