64 Miles in and first fault

Boot switch seems to be faulty (unless anyone can suggest a simple problem or user error). Car unlocks fine (double press) but I cant open the boot via the switch on the boot. I can open it with the key fine. I'm positive I've opened the boot with the boot button on the boot before so think this is a new fault and not one that has been like it since it left the factory. I'm a little disappointed as did not have a single failure in 4 years of ownership of my previous Pug 508. Hope this is not a sign of things to come!

You did better than me. My suspension failed (dealer error) within a couple of days, and both it and the Bluetooth system have failed again subsequently though l have found leaving the car for an hour resets everything - probably the same a taking the battery off for 10 minutes.

Ah yes, if you have the electric boot it should be opening with just a push indeed.

Not got the electric boot but when i unlock the car, it unlocks all the doors fine and before is used to just reach the boot press the button and the boot would release and open. That is not now happening. I can hear the microswtich making but the boot remains locked.  If i press and hold the boot button on the key fob for a secon or two it releases and allows me to open it.

You did better than me. My suspension failed (dealer error) within a couple of days, and both it and the Bluetooth system have failed again subsequently though l have found leaving the car for an hour resets everything - probably the same a taking the battery off for 10 minutes.

Disappointing more than anything. 4 years and not a spot of bother from a French car that is supposed to be plagued with electrical faults and 64miles in and a problem occurs on this! Sods law

Only one press to unlock, not a double press.

Have you any locking setting preferences set on the car menu on the radio?

You may have it set to not unlock the boot.

Have a look in the manual also.

Only one press to unlock, not a double press.

Have you any locking setting preferences set on the car menu on the radio?

You may have it set to not unlock the boot.

Have a look in the manual also.

Mine is set to a double press to unlock the whole car and single for just the drivers door, although i have tried setting the car to accept a single press to unlock everything and this has not made a difference. Can't see any boot options in the car menu nor in the instruction booklet. It worked fine for ,well, 64 miles  but is now not working which is why i suspect the boot microswitch although I can hear this making.

It's a boot switch, not really a big deal. Stuff happens.

It might not even be faulty but slightly misaligned. There is not a single car brand/model in the world that has never had small issues withing the 1st few days/weeks of the warranty.

No matter how much you pay.

We have a large range of cars/4WD's/Trucks/etc at work and in the 25+ years, we wouldn't be able to name one brand/model that was faultless on the 20+ per model we purchased at the time.

As an average for every 10 vehicles, there would be small issues with 1~3 of them.

As long as they get fixed in a timely manner, it's a minor annoyance.

Even our CEO's have received higher classed cars that ended up with issues in the coming days/weeks of ownership, despite the fact that these vehicles were gone through with a fine tooth comb, both by the dealer and then our Fleet personnel to ensure that they were "trouble free".

It happens. Take a breath and don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the new car.

• Like 3