Octavia 11 1.9tdi clutch rattle

Hi all, my 54 plate 170,000 miles car has delveloped a clutch rattle on tickover that disappears when the clutch is depressed.

We have owned this from new, full service history, motorway miles and on its third cambelt/water pump.

My question is does anyone think it worth going to the expense of a dmf full kit as the car is probably only worth £1000.

I hope this query is in the correct section and will supply more info as required.

P.s. looking for an octavia vrs now.

Great site, cheers paul.

Personally no. I wouldn't bother splashing out loads on a car of that value, but that's me.  A clutch and DMF kit plus labour will be getting on for two thirds the car's value.  I'd be selling it the car or using it towards a part exchange.  That's just what I'd do though.

Hi all, many thanks for your helpful comments, much appreciated.

As this octavia elegance has been such a great car and we know its full history I am tempted to fit either a dmf or a conversion.

The other option which I may take is to sell it on this forum.

Testament to the reliability of this model. 170k on the same clutch with caravan towing.

Cambelt a bit like triggers broom, 3 belts/water pumps when required, longlife oil changed at 10k with filters.

Best car I have ever owned and the previous one was an audi a4 tdi.

I will probably put an add on soon with pictures, spec and history.

Paul.

Hi all, many thanks for your helpful comments, much appreciated.

As this octavia elegance has been such a great car and we know its full history I am tempted to fit either a dmf or a conversion.

The other option which I may take is to sell it on this forum.

Testament to the reliability of this model. 170k on the same clutch with caravan towing.

Cambelt a bit like triggers broom, 3 belts/water pumps when required, longlife oil changed at 10k with filters.

Best car I have ever owned and the previous one was an audi a4 tdi.

I will probably put an add on soon with pictures, spec and history.

Paul.

Fix it and keep it as it sounds like a very good car , you could buy something else and get a whole host of problems like dpf,egr,or clutch, unless going for another brand new car ,