VRS CATCH CAN

HI ALL

just wondered why my catch can never gets anything in it unlike other peoples???? fitted same but never gets anything in  :|  :|  :|

10k miles and mine has nothing in it. Its a baffled one and plumbed in correctly.

• Like 1

You do have the plug screwed shut on the bottom to plug the drain hole don't you? Sounds daft I know but iirc the michi plug screwed the other way to what I thought it would...

• Like 1

You do have the plug screwed shut on the bottom to plug the drain hole don't you? Sounds daft I know but iirc the michi plug screwed the other way to what I thought it would...

i'll double check as know it was in a lock position maybe its locked open  :p

For mitchi cans the open position is with the butterfly fastener up top nearest to the can, closed is with the fastener down bottom furthest from the can.. as YellowCar said this is opposite to the way you would expect it to work

• Like 1

my mitchi can was unscrewed for miles wondered why it smelt in the engine!   screwed it up few hundred miles later emptied some brownish water to be honest almost smelt 2 strokey , not what i was expecting 

• Like 1

my mitchi can was unscrewed for miles wondered why it smelt in the engine!   screwed it up few hundred miles later emptied some brownish water to be honest almost smelt 2 strokey , not what i was expecting

It is stinky nasty stuff that ends up in there

For mitchi cans the open position is with the butterfly fastener up top nearest to the can, closed is with the fastener down bottom furthest from the can.. as YellowCar said this is opposite to the way you would expect it to work

erm guess its open then  as sure its to the top   :peek:

• Like 1

I had a similar experience, after 12 months and 6k miles following installation mine hasn't filled up, then I noticed this mess and ripped it all out and reistalled it with different pipes.

_MG_1414_zpsaw4kppf5.jpg

_MG_1416_zpstulv9h9w.jpg

I had a mess around with the valve and noticed it leaking into the sump tray, so left it for another day to work out how to close it. Now I know what I need to do :sun:

Edited by jars
  • Like 1

If ur can remains empty its a good thing, means imthe engine runs cleaner

I asked michi , the better ur rings are the less u will get in the can

But yes

Wound down away from the can is shut

Wound up near the can is open