Fuel Gauge needle stuck

I filled up my 170 SE last week and had around 600 miles to empty shown after filling up, over the last week I have done about 150 miles with something like 460 miles until empty and the fuel needle was just above the 3/4 mark whihc would seem about right.

But today when I got in the car the needle had moved all the way up to full again, and it said I had 600 miles to empty. with the miles already done that's 750 for a tank which with my average mpg around 45 mpg seems rather to good to be true.

The car has been restarted a few times and the needle every time goes to the full mark.

Anyone else had problems with the fuel gauge?

On a related note I phoned my local dealer Wings of Peterborough and rather than getting thru to the Service dept it was directed to reception, they took my number and details on the call and stated someone from Service would get back to me in the afternoon. At 5:15pm I phoned again and once more they stated that someone from Service would call me back before 6. Did I get a call back - what do you think?

Stubs

I;d rather get the issue sorted, something is not right, Adding fuel might reset it granted but further down the line if the issue reoccurs and its out of warranty i;m stuck.

Stubs

But today when I got in the car the needle had moved all the way up to full again, and it said I had 600 miles to empty. with the miles already done that's 750 for a tank which with my average mpg around 45 mpg seems rather to good to be true.

The car has been restarted a few times and the needle every time goes to the full mark.

Anyone else had problems with the fuel gauge?

Give it a few days/miles :) should go to half tank pretty quick :) Edited by jafo

Well top marks for Wings Skoda who returned my call this morning however on starting the car the needle has dropped back down to where it should be.

As they said i,ll keep an eye on it.

Well top marks for Wings Skoda who returned my call this morning however on starting the car the needle has dropped back down to where it should be.

As they said i,ll keep an eye on it.

On odd occasions if I fill mine up and keep filling until the pump has "clicked" a few times, i.e really full mine has stuck on full for quite a while... then all of a sudden it will start to move, as if the "float" in the sender sticks a little... 

On odd occasions if I fill mine up and keep filling until the pump has "clicked" a few times, i.e really full mine has stuck on full for quite a while... then all of a sudden it will start to move, as if the "float" in the sender sticks a little... 

Problem was it was down to 3/4 full from full and then went back up to full for a day, even after 3 restarts of the car. 

Problem was it was down to 3/4 full from full and then went back up to full for a day, even after 3 restarts of the car.

Restarting doesn't help - you need to drive a bit.

I had this "problem" when I parked my car with right wheels on a curb few days after filling in full.