Mobile phone contacts

Just had to change my mobile phone and it connects and syncs the contacts to the car, but previously contacts were shown on maxidot also. Now contacts don't appear on maxidot - any ideas how to get them to show. Also only numbers now appear and not names on infotainment screen.

Manual hasn't helped so any help would be appreciated.

When I got my car 2yrs ago I had to put the android app "Bluetooth phone book" on my Nexus 5. Now it's on the Moto x play.

Think some phones don't need it, some do.

You dont mention what phone or audio unit your have.

I would try to delete the Bluetooth connection between your phone & the car & re-pair.

Usually, after entering the Bluetooth connection code you will have a pop-up on the phone which says "Skoda5678 wants to access your phonebook/internet/audio" & you have to accept each request.

On android if you switch apps before this pop-up appears its not so easy to get back to the same screen.

If you say "no" or don't answer, you will have only phone numbers without names as you are reporting.

I have used S3, S4, S5, LG G4 and an iPhone 4s & 6s working fine for a phone connection without needing to install a 3rd party app.

• Like 1