Basic mods and remap?

Basically I'm looking at a remap, will only have a pipercross replacement filter and an "eBay special" side mount, don't want the mounting hassle or expense of pipe work for a fmic.

I Don't drive too hard anymore as I'm old now so with a remap I'd be looking at a safe 200bhp? Seen people advertise 212bhp from standard engine with just a remap, just seems a bit high on all standard.

• Like 1

I think the 210 quoted by places with no mods is optimistic, I made 206 with the same mods as you. My map was supposed to be 220. In theory you shouldn't need any mods to see around 200.

I've since been a convert to standard air filters unless you go the whole hog and splurge bucks on a cai. Gains are minimal otherwise, if any at all is debatable.

What I would say is hardware first and go some with rollers who know their onions, they will map to what your car can tolerate regardless of spurious phrases like 'stage 1'. The extra it will cost will be worth it.

Thanks folks :)

I'm always weary that the newer vrs's all have more power than i do and Ireland is now full of them so need a bit more than i have :) lol

I'm always weary that the newer vrs's all have more power than i do and Ireland is now full of them so need a bit more than i have :) lol

They are heavier though so if you get around 200 you won't be far off. Few handling mods as well and you'll **** all over them

• Like 1

There is a hell of a lot of mk2 and mk3 vrs'sses appearing the last few months isnt there?? Went from never seeiing a vrs to at least 3 a week im the last couple if yrs. Mk1s are still hens teeth, but the diesel vrses in mk2/3 form are everywhere!

There is a hell of a lot of mk2 and mk3 vrs'sses appearing the last few months isnt there?? Went from never seeiing a vrs to at least 3 a week im the last couple if yrs. Mk1s are still hens teeth, but the diesel vrses in mk2/3 form are everywhere!

They're everywhere lately alright, I see at least 2/3 every week.

Just haven't managed to find a driver of one with a heavy right foot :D

My mk1 vrs is currently pretty standard as I've only just bought it nice car though only got 78.000 miles on it too. It's already had a full induction kit fitted to it and with the car came a front mount direnza intercooler kit. I was just wondering what are they like to fit. I'm a mechanic anyway so I am capable I was mainly wondering about the bumper cutting etc is it a ball ache.

Thanks in advance.

Adam.

Stage 1 still makes a nice drive, not just the power but hiw its soread over the revs

Just go chuck a revo on it mate, job jobbered :)

Google tells me the nearest Revo dealer is way too far away in Ireland :(