First mule photographed

It certainly looks big

It sure does. I wonder if those wheels can really be that big on the production version? Since they do look a lot better than the tiny awful looking 16" wheels they have on the mules.

It sure does. I wonder if those wheels can really be that big on the production version? Since they do look a lot better than the tiny awful looking 16" wheels they have on the mules.

In the marketing world - style rules, I guess.

After watching pictures and reading a little more about the dashboard I can only say: Goodbye Skoda Kodiaq. Hello Tiguan.

I won't buy a car 2017 with the same solution (small screen) as in my 2014 Octavia.

Sadly.

post-124165-0-59104300-1471582216_thumb.jpg

Edited by Teacer

After watching pictures and reading a little more about the dashboard I can only say: Goodbye Skoda Kodiaq. Hello Tiguan.

I won't buy a car 2017 with the same solution (small screen) as in my 2014 Octavia.

Sadly.

Comes down to personal preference but I would never trade more space for flashy virtual dashboard. Kodiaq will be at least 20cm longer than Tiguan so a lot roomier and with bigger boot than Tiguan. 

• Like 1

Sadly.

By the way on the VW versions of this virtual dash you CANNOT get the full screen sat nav option as you can on an Audi. So don't expect VW or Škoda to have the same functions as the Audi virtual screen even if they get them.

And honestly basing your opinion on one early mule interior is very premature. Not all options are available from day one and the spec is not even out yet, so no-one outside of Škoda can say if the Kodiaq will have this feature or not. And if it does if it will have less functionality than VW, who in turn has less functionality than Audi from what I've read.

Comes down to personal preference but I would never trade more space for flashy virtual dashboard. Kodiaq will be at least 20cm longer than Tiguan so a lot roomier and with bigger boot than Tiguan.

Don't need the extra space. Want a modern SUV with modern features.

To a reasonable price.

And I'm the worst person to remember roads so I really need navigation. So for me, it's a deal breaker.

But I will have my finger crossed until September 1st.

Edited by Teacer

Same rear lights as Superb.

Very similar but finally all LED type as standard. With superb you can't even opt for full rear LED lights (indicators and reverse still incandescent).

On the topic of the lack of the virtual cockpit display - I have this on my Passat and although it is very pretty, I wouldn't let it put you off the Kodiaq and tempt you to the Tiguan. The Tiguan hasn't received the best reviews because it is overpriced if you want to get all the latest kit and make it look halfway decent. I sense, assuming Skoda don't become too greedy with their pricing, that the Kodiaq will represent much better value of money, be bigger and more practical and will look a much smarter car. You also won't then have to deal with VW dealers, which can only be a bonus!

Pretty sure I will be going for one, absolutely love my '65 plate Scout but miss the higher driving position and presence of an SUV.

Will wait to see prices and a physical car though!

• Like 1

On the topic of the lack of the virtual cockpit display - I have this on my Passat and although it is very pretty, I wouldn't let it put you off the Kodiaq and tempt you to the Tiguan. The Tiguan hasn't received the...

Yes. Have an offer for the Tiguan with the 240 hp diesel. Around 45000 euro. Almost max equipped. But I will wait and look closely at the Kodiaq. Love my Octavia

:-)

Sorry for the off topic.

Edited by Teacer