Up GTI .... will there be a Citigo version ever?

vrskeith

2 minutes ago, evan15281 said:

Red, Black Roof, Beats sound system, Cruise and park pack.

5 door so it's not a total pain for occasional children carrying, though it's mainly for me. We've got an Alhambra for family duties.

It was actually having the 60 PS Citigo as a courtesy car that made me realise just how anodyne some modern cars have become and lacking in chuckabiity. 

Wanted to get rid of vRS Octavia diesel as my mileage has dropped from 22k to 5 k a year with new job, so don't need and want to avoid any future DPF issues. Shame, if my Skoda was petrol 4wd, it would be perfect. Well specced but circumstances have changed.

Good choices. Enjoy your motor when it arrives. Updates please on progress of your order.

Got mine on order now just waiting for a build date but expecting early June.

Will be sad to see the Citgo go as love it - However this is the reason I went for the Up GTi as a replacement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leckman said:

With the success of the GTI you would think Skoda would launch a VRS model but I suspect VW will not allow that to happen.

It's a shame.

If there was a Skoda version I'd order one.

• Like 2

WTF

There’s now an 11 month waiting list now due to the high demand. We’ve been contacting existing customers who have placed orders already, giving them the option of waiting the new lead time or giving them the option of their money back if they don’t want to wait that long.

Let me know if you want us to see what we can do for you on a new one.

• Thanks 1

'Cunning stunt',  now those Dealership Demonstrators can have nice high 'Asking Prices', there will be such a demand on 'Pre Owned ones'.

Likely still available every 3 months / 3,000 miles or sooner, because dealerships will not be told they must keep them 6 months.

Something some salespeople tell you when trying to persuade the demand outstrips supply, or as others know it, 'selling / spinning'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

'Cunning stunt',  now those Dealership Demonstrators can have nice high 'Asking Prices', there will be such a demand on 'Pre Owned ones'.

Likely still available every 3 months / 3,000 miles or sooner, because dealerships will not be told they must keep them 6 months.

Something some salespeople tell you when trying to persuade the demand outstrips supply, or as others know it, 'selling / spinning'.

So this afternoon, 20 used- pre-reg / demo cars have appeared for sale on Autotrader Nationally.

Yesterday there was one at the VW Bolton Dealership.

Most of these cars will be on a 1-3 month release date I would anticipate.

I have just found out that VW are no longer taking orders for the Up GTi due to the high amount of orders !! 

Hope mine is in the system somewhere as ordered mine within a week of the order books opening

On 20/02/2018 at 15:05, leckman said:

One of the down sides of buying a GTI is dealing with VW dealerships, have had bad experiences in the past with them.

I have had nothing but fantastic service from my local VW, the Skoda dealership lost my vote when they shat on me with a recommendation fee, they refused to pay. Even after I and my sister had bought  4 Skoda's in less than 2 years.

Back to the GTi, I had a reasonable offer on Carwow, £13,350.00 on a PCP. But my wife will not part with her Citigo :(

Mind you there are some nearly new around.

Screenshot_2018-03-13-19-14-13.png

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

Happy Days :

•  
  • vrskeith
  • Members
  • 6,118 posts
  • Car:Porsche Boxster 981 manual - 2016 model with a good spec

WOW.

"We have this morning been informed that the order banks for the car have now been closed. Apparently VW have taken over 3,000 orders in the last 2 weeks which has completely overwhelmed their expectations and as such the decision has been made that no more orders will be taken until they are able to commit to a realistic timescale for delivery. Now how long that will take, again I can not tell you, it could be a month, it could be 6 months, I  don't know."

Comments above from another local dealership in Salisbury (of all places currently)ironically we are going for a little run out test drive after lunch today.

Luckily I managed to  convince my friend at  my local dealership to sell me his very low mileage demo ( he was able to do that .not many are currently)

The spec as standard is fine ,for my  planned use , so a happy bunny when I read the above.

So looking forward next week to having some brisk , across Wiltshire countryside drives and fun around the twisty stuff local and further a field.

Today I'm a happy old fart, with my combo of wheels.

xxl_kfz352042_19554_ve67ujp_01.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Defenderben said:

I have had nothing but fantastic service from my local VW, the Skoda dealership lost my vote when they shat on me with a recommendation fee, they refused to pay. Even after I and my sister had bought  4 Skoda's in less than 2 years.

Back to the GTi, I had a reasonable offer on Carwow, £13,350.00 on a PCP. But my wife will not part with her Citigo :(

Mind you there are some nearly new around.

Screenshot_2018-03-13-19-14-13.png

Paid less than the cheapest there for a brand new one!

may sell it due to demand :)

16 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Paid less than the cheapest there for a brand new one!

may sell it due to demand :)

Have you got it yet? or when is it due delivery?