Slipping clutch

Totally my fault before I get abuse.

I attempted a second gear launch in my hybrid vrs running 230/342lb ft.

Clutch was a luk dmf and luk clutch kit.

Prior to this the clutch as been spot on for 14k miles or so since new.

The clutch is now slipping on high boost. I'm currently trying to drive steady for a few hundred miles to see if it beds back in.

Ques. If the clutch is goosed what part in particular is likely to need replacing if not all.

Any advice will be kindly appreciated.

Regards

• Like 1

Ok for serious, the friction plate is what wears down, so if the rest is quite new then that's all that needs replacing.

However, for the cost it's always worth replacing the lot, probably be around £90 for a full clutch kit.

Flywheel will depend on age and abuse it's had, can always inspect it once the gearbox is off and clutch stripped to see how it looks.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments. The 3 piece clutch kit is £136 so not too bad. Might just get a Sachs and be done with it.

Im not sure a Sachs clutch kit will fit a LUK DMF, so will be worth checking before purchasing and doing the job :)

• Like 1