Common engine problems 2010? keep or change?

Can anyone share experiences with common problems I've not long had my octavia?

I bought my 2010 1.6 TDI octavia in November and since then have been having problems first I needed to replace an injector after breaking down on the motorway this cost around £1000. 

Now this week driving to work the glow plug lights started to flash, I've taken the car to my local skoda garage who have diagnosed a replacement EGR valve is required at a cost of £1100

this car seems to be expensive to keep on the road and now fed up with it and am wanting to know what other problems I might encounter as I use the car a lot and need it to be reliable. 

Im either going to repair it or just get rid and try and get something more reliable. 

The car has done around 60,000 miles I do 80 miles a day on the motorway for my commute.

But it costs around £800 to do that and it rarely fixes it for long.

DPF and DMF could also be upcoming problems, depending on what kind of life its had. And luck plays a big role too.

Is this an ex rental, ex pcp or private owner car? Does it have full skoda service history? Argue with the dealer for some goodwill contribution if it has.

Edited by xman

At first, don't think about changing or cleaning the EGR. Changing is expensive, don't bother doing that. Cleaning is also not very smart idea because for your car it's located in bad place - it takes a lot of time to access.

There's a lot of topics about disabling EGR - will be the best solution.

• 3 months later...

I have a  skoda octavia 2007, ex police, 4x4 6 speed, and its done a lot of mileage, i had the dashboard disco and snail mode, so took EGR off, leaned it, and now every few months squirt the EGR cleaner into it........as per instructions on can.......no more problems, cost  £5.99 for the wynns cleaner and an hour of my time

• Like 1

EGR £1100!!!

Take it somewhere else.

Or do it yourself.

Or as above just clean it and go from there.

You can buy a recon engine for what you have paid out.

If it were mine get it deleted and remap.

If you do motorway mileage leave the DPF alone it will look after itself.

Edited by vrsRo55