A special wave for none Skoda drivers to say hello to Briskoda Skoda peeps

Lady Elanore

So as a non Skoda owner who regularly sees Briskoda stickers on the road (still attached to cars normally) but doesn't sport one myself, should we have a wave of acknowledgment to show solidarity (as I'm a none owner ) and say hello? I'm sure there are many ex Skoda owners on Briskoda these days and perhaps we should do a poll to see what the ratio is currently ? :)

I have an aversion to any sticker in my car (I hate dealers sticking their own advertising ones in my car with a passion) but as an ex Skoda owner and a long time member on here, it would be nice to be able to say hello as I pass/get-passed by a Brisky member. It could even be a new section the 'Was it you that gave me the weird special Briskoda wave - or do you have a medical problem' thread.

If anyone thinks it might be a goer then what will the wave be like :)

This thread could go so horribly wrong

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 3

I can certainly think of a special wave for you Lady Elanore :p

But seriously, It would be a good idea it's just what though... It can't be something that takes 3 seconds to do whilst on the road, a thumbs up is a good one but people use that to compliment ones car when driving past.

What about the OK sign?

stock-photo-fingers-making-ok-sign-51188

Kinda looks like a b?

Edited by LGM

I can certainly think of a special wave for you Lady Elanore :p

But seriously, It would be a good idea it's just what though... It can't be something that takes 3 seconds to do whilst on the road, a thumbs up is a good one but people use that to compliment ones car when driving past.

:P

I wondered if there was a way to make a one handed 'B' or 'b'?

Actually it's quite easy to do a one handed 'b'. Index finger to thumb and the rest of the hand straight up, a bit like a formal version of the OK sign

I'm just glad no one can see me sat here doing shapes with my hand :D

:P

I wondered if there was a way to make a one handed 'B' or 'b'?

Actually it's quite easy to do a one handed 'b'. Index finger to thumb and the rest of the hand straight up, a bit like a formal version of the OK sign

I'm just glad no one can see me sat here doing shapes with my hand :D

Erm.... I've updated my post lol

Just wave me down and give me a kiss :)

+1 for that. That's that settled then haha

Does that apply to me too if I see you? :D

Edited by LGM

+1 for that. That's that settled then haha

Does that apply to me too if I see you? :D

Yes, as long as it's not on the motorway or I have George Clooney in the car (it is fine if he is tied up in the boot however)

Ah ha, you did an edit :D

The only problem and it may be an insurmountable one, is that it would be a letter 'd' if you are the car on the right!!!!!!

Ahh but! If you're on the left side you should be using the right hand? Which from the other person looks like a b. Visa versa for the person the right doing it to the left.

If I was on the right, I'd use my left hand, so I'd have to rotate it a little....oh the teething problems of these things, will it never end?

Oh cr@p, Im blaming the heat for the slight daft ness I've just made myself look. Well you started this topic so it's up to you to decide and finalise it :)

Yes, as long as it's not on the motorway or I have George Clooney in the car (it is fine if he is tied up in the boot however)

What if I told you I'm a George Clooney look a like?

Edited by LGM

Not much chance of meeting George Clooney here, though. But if you're still working for the Beeb you may find a reason for contacting Kristofer Lundström, programme host at the Swedish public service TV company:

nordens-basta-svt-play.jpg

Guess that might lead to my sticker going unnoticed...

Edited by swedishskoda

So Anyhoo, how do we try and get this off the ground?

It needs to be;

*something that can be made with one hand (obviously)

*something quick that doesn't take much effort

*clearly identifies the briskoda member

Think the 'ok' sign is a good contender.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be working but finding myself watching these planes land at an RAF base whilst using my internetz on briskoda.

Edited by LGM
  • Like 1

I like the OK sign, but it need to be a bit more 'formal' ie the hand needs to be upright as do the last 3 fingers, just to make it clear it's not just someone saying "I like your Skoda" :D

I like the OK sign, but it need to be a bit more 'formal' ie the hand needs to be upright as do the last 3 fingers, just to make it clear it's not just someone saying "I like your Skoda" :D

I think we can sort something out over a box of (Swedish) chocolates

aladdin.jpg

and a glass of (Swedish) malt...

macmyra_Midvinter_stor.jpg

I like the idea of this! I too see lot's of Brisky stickers and even though I don't drive one anymore I still love being apart of this Forum. I did think about getting another b sticker for my car but thought I might get flammed for having one on a boring 320d!