Rapid buying advice

Hey guys

I am thinking of trading my mk7 golf 1.6tdi for Skoda rapid. The main reason is dpf does my head in, a lot of short trips (didn't have any issues with it yet).

I am considering petrol engine and want high spec'd car. Can you please advice which is best petrol engined rapid to choose and what best spec's to have. Also been looking on spaceback models, are they any good.

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

^^^^ The reason I went 1.2 petrol engined car. If you do mega miles then yes a diesel, less than 10k annually (I do barely 5k) then why not petrol.

Take a look at the Toledo 1.2 105 engined car. Mine the the SE Nav model, it's basically the same as the Rapid saloon/hatch but you get more bang for your bucks. Stop/start £30 VED, average 42-45mpg on a good day, long run pushing 50mpg if you keep to the national speed limit or just under mostly.

You don't say whether new or SH here's a SH model same as mine a little newer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-Toledo-2015-Special-EDS-1-2-TSI-I-TECH-5dr-Hatchback-/322088230347?hash=item4afdf45dcb:g:4WIAAOSw9~RXJDAd

Edited by MickA

You do know you're proposing trading a Golf Mk 7 for something made of Golf Mk 4 and Polo bits right?

My best mate has a Golf Mk7 and the 2 cars are very different.

As above though - the best spec sedan (hatchback) is the Toledo SE Nav / I- tech / Style Advanced (MY14 /15 /16)

or the Skoda Spaceback SE Sport if you like the shorter bodystyle.

Edited by camelspyyder

A friend has just bought a mk7 golf and I have a rapid... the mk7 is a totally different car and if you don't need a huge boot and already have the mk7 I wouldn't change it - and I love our rapid!

• Like 1

We have a VW Golf (mk6) and a Spaceback SE Sport 1.2 TSI  (110) at home. Both petrol as we dont do a lot of miles.

Each to their own obviously,  but the Golf is a far superior car in almost every aspect. The SB is a brilliant car but not in the same league.

That 10 -15 years difference in the chassis design and dynamics is most noticeable, and the interior quality is obviously not the same either.

Still, I don't know anyone who's scored a new Golf Mk 7 for 11 or 12k like you can with a Toledo / Rapid - and thats the bottom line for most buyers - cost.

Edited by camelspyyder

Thanks for advice guys. I

I would love 1.4tsi Golf Mk7 to replace tdi but won't afford one as my golf is still under 3 years old but done 75k already. There are few 1.4 tsi out there and all of them low mileage cars. If I trade my car in for same petrol golf, I will need at least 2k adding. I absolutely love my golf, just dpf does my head in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you wanted a new or nearly new one then you'll want the Spaceback SE Sport with the 1.2 110 engine. I think that's the best spec you'll get in a rapid and I think the dash and wheel inside is generally a nice place to be. Plus a new rapid probably costs less than the golf is currently worth?

However as others have said the chassis is an old design. Depending on how you drive you might hate it but if you just potter about and don't push the car it could be fine.

I'd be booking a test drive before you do something else as if you don't like how the inside feels our how it drives it's a non starter and you should probably concentrate on getting the dpf fixed.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk