Headlight Switch Symbal Illumination

I have just purchased a 2015 Rapid Spaceback SE. I have noticed that the headlight switch illuminates the symbol in the sidelight position but does not light up the symbol for headlights on position. Is this normal? The fog symbols are on the main dash panel and the lights all work ok.

Seems normal then that's fine. Thanks for the replies. Both my old Fabias had lights on the dash to say exactly what lights you had on. They have obviously gone like most other manufacturers with just one light showing a sidelight symbol even when on dipped beam.

I always found this icon redundant

Warning_Light-color-46-128.png

I mean, you can always tell when your lights are on or off, you don't need an icon on the dashboard to distract you.

The blue high beam icon and the fogs icon are necessary though.

It should be noted that these indicators are complusory by legislation so the didn't completely remove them, they just moved them away from the dashboard, on the lights switch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree, I find the dipped headlight icon on the dash very useful.

Having auto lights means the dipped headlights turn on and off depending on the conditions.

In my experience it isn't easy to tell if the headlights are on if it isn't dark, i.e. if it is raining, dusk or foggy.

The dash design / seating position on my Superb means the steering wheel obscures the headlight switch and it's illumination.

Sure I can look down and to the side, but I miss it on our 2016 Octavia.

• Like 2

Mines a 15 and does the same as yours so guessing its normal but like above would of thought a lights on sign on the dash would be handy due to DRL....which we all know means no rear lights so in my mind is an accident waiting to happen when someone forgets to switch on their lights at night

If you only have DRL on at night then the green sidelight indicator on your switch wont be lit up will it?

and you'll not be able to see the road?

Edited by camelspyyder