Fabia 1.4 TDi DSG SE L, 15in low rolling-resistance tyres: photos, experiences?

I'm thinking of ordering a new Fabia hatch with the 1.4 TDi engine, DSG gearbox and SE L trim. One of the options is 15in wheels with low rolling-resistance tyres. It improves fuel consumption by about five percent. I can't see a picture of the car with these wheels on it, or of the wheels alone, on Skoda's website. Does anyone have photos of this combination they could share? I just want to check it looks OK. Plus how does it affect ride and handling compared with the standard 16in combination?

I'm thinking of ordering a new Fabia hatch with the 1.4 TDi engine, DSG gearbox and SE L trim. One of the options is 15in wheels with low rolling-resistance tyres. It improves fuel consumption by about five percent. I can't see zzva picture of the car with these wheels on it, or of the wheels alone, on Skoda's website. Does anyone have photos of this combination they could share? I just want to check it looks OK. Plus how does it affect ride and handling compared with the standard 16in combination?

15" tyres will give a more comfy ride on poor surfaces...taller side-wall etc...unless low rolling resistance demands higher pressures. Almost certainly a harder, less grippy, compound so not great in the wet or any sort of spirited progress on twisty bits. A 5% improvement in economy will probably turn out to be the plural of a shoe-repairer, bearing in mind the accuracy of EU economy test procedures.

Wouldn't tempt me at all and my SE L is very happy on 16s. But each to their own.

Edited by alltorque

I have 15" on my 90SE Combi (Khumo 185-60-R15), and run them at "eco pressure" according the the table inside the filler cap: up from 2.2ish to 2.5 Bar.

The car will now roll away when parked where I previously thought the ground was level - all other cars parked there stay put.

It's a bit early to judge wear pattern on the tyres, with less than 3k miles on the clock. I'd expect a bit more wear in the centre of the tyre: will update in the future if I remember.

The comfort improvement the smaller wheels give is offset by the higher tyre pressures.

Regarding grip from the tyres - if you want to drive like your pants are on fire, the Fabia 3 in eco trim is probably not the way to go for any number of reasons.

Your mileage and opinions may vary.

Will post a picture or two later, if the rain ever stops...

One of the options is 15in wheels with low rolling-resistance tyres. It improves fuel consumption by about five percent..

Bear in mind that quoted MPGs are laboratory figures which have been widely condemned for their unachievability  , so you will be getting a 5% Fantasy Saving :dull:  :thumbdown:

I had Michelin Eco-something on the previous Mk II TDI Greenline.

Fine to me, good grip and all that, but very harsh at the recommended pressure, 2,5 bar.

I have no idea about noise level as the Greenline seemed to be without any noise reducing insolation anywhere so every sound on earth inclusive whale song was heard in the cabin when driving.

A poor picture, but you get the idea:  They are 15" wheels.

Tyre reviews for the Khumo ecowing aren't generally flattering....

Thanks for the photo. I think it looks fine. I'll Google some tyre reviews.

Come winter time did you fitted winter tyres to the Greenline II ?

I did. Compulsory overr here.

Cannot remember the brand, one of the major like Firestone or Nokian. Spikeless, though.

• Like 1