Combi false floor?

It's used as a doggy door for the front room at present so measurements as follows :-

Width = 965mm / Length = 1070mm centrally, but 1040mm at the sides. IE the boot side is curved slightly.

Edited by Tilt
  • Like 1

Also, they are foldable and 25mm thick.

Have you considered the extra weight as a negative. Probably towards 10kg? weight.

• Like 1

I think the estate one fits the hatch, but not the other way round, as the hatch has a more pronounced curve.

Also the there is an under-carpet that (in theory) you should get. The original carpet is too wide when you put the sides for the floor on, so if you need to get to the spare wheel, there's some faff involved. The "proper" false floor carpet is narrower and so fits in between the sides................or a good stanley knife ;) ;)

The sides are the same for both estate and hatch.

There are different part numbers for the hatch and estate false floors.

- Hatch: DAA 610 001, DAA 610 002, DAA 610 003

- Estate: DAA 620 001, DAA 620 002, DAA 620 003

Hatch version can be bought new here:

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-raised-boot-floor-2004-2013-39985

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-false-floor-sides-hatchback-2004-2013-39986

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-false-boot-carpet-2004-2013-21250

You could even try and make your own, I've attached some dimensions I found on another site which should be correct for a hatch. The top is 10mm plywood and the two struts are 20mm thick from what I understood.

post-121621-0-98976500-1466411664_thumb.jpg

10mm ply would not hold much weight. The original for the estate is 25mm thick, possibly made up of two or three thicknesses bonded together.

I think the design weight limit was 70Kg distributed which is like two heavy cases. Anything heavier or pointier and I don't doubt it could fall straight through (but I have hardly ever needed to take mine out).

I think the design weight limit was 70Kg distributed which is like two heavy cases. Anything heavier or pointier and I don't doubt it could fall straight through (but I have hardly ever needed to take mine out).

I have proven many times on the estates (both Mk1 and Mk11) that the floor will take considerable more than 70kg, probably more than twice that.