Top Strut Mounting Rear Axle

getting a knock coming from the back left hand side,,seems like its in the back around the boot side,it sounds like if door was not shut or the seatbelt stuck behind back seats I thought it was the door panel at 1st seemed like if it was not tight,had a mate jump in boot and he says its coming from corner were the wheel is,so can the  Strut Mounting do this if so how can I check cheers

RX0CeoI.jpg

The description of the item above is "shock absorber bearing upper" which would sugest that there is a bearing within the assembly. To check the integrity you'll have to remove it, i would check the securing bolts first - there are two of them, wheel off and slightly pull back the inner mud shield to gain access, manual say's remove mud shield - it can be done without removing it.

Paul

The description of the item above is "shock absorber bearing upper" which would sugest that there is a bearing within the assembly. To check the integrity you'll have to remove it, i would check the securing bolts first - there are two of them, wheel off and slightly pull back the inner mud shield to gain access, manual say's remove mud shield - it can be done without removing it.

Paul

It's just a lump of metal.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I had the very same sound, turned out to be failed damper.

Difficult to initiate by hand but if you are strong, pushing/pulling vigorously on free end of damper so as to put it some way through its stroke you'll feel it as a distinct change rather than consistently damped movement.

Can't think of a better way to describe it at moment... brain tired.