Dumb question for a vRS owner

I know what you're up to David ;) I believe you could get a replacement front badge for the mk2 Octavia vrs which was kind of a horseshoe thing where a plate bolted onto the back of the grille and held the badge in place. Try super Skoda?

Took the grille out today, want it painting perfectly so removed the badge rather than mask it off.

Just dropped it off at the bodyshop to get painted satin black, will be ready to collect Friday :) hopefully I'll have stripped my spare headlights so they can be painted then also.

image.jpg

The badge put up abit of a fight but with the hair dryer on it for a while it pulled away.

image.jpg

No grille at all... Looks alright :D

image.jpg

Hold your horses, I'm wrong. The vRS but on the grill doesn't have any locating holes, my bad.

Oh, so how does it fit? :wonder: I did find one on ebay that said it came with locater pins

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh, so how does it fit? :wonder: I did find one on ebay that said it came with locater pins

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The grill has a black but shaped exactly like the badge but smaller so tha badge fits over it and just sticks on.

Mk2 Fabia vRS have the badges glued (plastic moulded) to the front grill if you are wanting to put ones on the grill of your Citigo.

When removing them you just cut through the Glue & then tidy up the slats where the badge was.

(sorry i have none left, i gave them away, and the last one was replaced with a glued on greenline badge.)

Replacement ones from Ebay etc sometimes come with 2 screws and a back plate.

Picture to left is the badge off the rear of a Mk2 which you could use with Double sided tape.

Picture to the right is a front badge which is different and can be glued on if you prepare the grill, 

or use sikaflex, heat gun glue or trim tape type fixing.

EDIT,

doh,

i see the ebay link in post #5 now,

perfect if someone does not give you vRS badges after debadging.

post-86161-0-38377700-1466147335_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-73166600-1466147658_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-13185900-1466148268_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

Mk1 vRS badge is glued on, but beware, the glue is very hard and you might damage the grill behind...i did.

If you want to fit one with the 2 pins out the back, you will need to trim the grill with a dremel as the angle of the slats do not let the pins go through correctly and the badge sits at an angle.

post-108825-0-23500100-1466156092_thumb.jpg

See slat 3 and 5 from the right for the bits needing cutting (i used a wire wheel on a dremel and it cut through like butter).

You could just use the rear badge as they are held on with tape.

Edited by Stewpotz
  • Like 2