Updating Nav data issues

So, I've hit a brick wall in relation to updating Navigation.

In brief, I work at a Skoda dealer and we often buy used cars from SUK as ex management or ex fleet cars. Sometimes, they'd arrive without Nav cards and we'd chase them for payment and order new ones.

Until yesterday...., they've now linked to download for the Nav data which I've downloaded, unpacked and placed on an SD card. No cars I have on site will read the data.

Is the data normally locked to a chassis number? and, if it is, is there a way to find it in the stored data and edit it for other cars?

I know when a customer downloads an update from the online portal they have to put a chassis number in but this wasn't the case with the download given to us by SUK.

Any ideas would be super.

Have you used a Skoda supplied SD Card?

They have a security check code in them

I have not. :( I'm not aware you can get blank ones though making this whole operation a waste of time. Bummer.

Thank you for your help.

I'm surprised that no one at your Skoda dealership did not know this, especially as this topic has come up time and again ever since the mk3 was introduced.

• Like 1