Amundsen - Sat Nav Route information

I have checked the manual to see if you can display the route details once you have selected the fastest, shortest or economical route. But I can't find it anywhere?  I would like to know what route the sat nav is taking me especially if the AA planner has suggested a route that avoids known congestion points. Anyone got any ideas? 

• Like 1

I'd be keen to see how this pans out as I'm sometimes left frustrated by the lack of visibility of the route ahead, ie maybe a listing of roads / motorways and junction numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I thought I had the answer as I found you can put the sat nav into "Demo" mode and it will simulate your journey, I thought great so I put in the destination that I going to in a few days.  Oh dear! the simulation is in real time which in the case of my journey would take over 3 hours as it progresses at the road speed!  That option is as much use as a chocolate tea pot!

• Like 1

It's the main reason I still use my Tom Tom satnav, because the in built Amundsen set up does not allow checking of the selected route before setting off - or at least, I've never found out how to do so !

JKW

I have checked the manual to see if you can display the route details once you have selected the fastest, shortest or economical route. But I can't find it anywhere?  I would like to know what route the sat nav is taking me especially if the AA planner has suggested a route that avoids known congestion points. Anyone got any ideas? 

set your route - once it's calculated its Route then Route Info the Route List........ easy peasy (when you know how)

now if someone can only tell me how to upload my own POI's to amundsen..............

Edited by gwm97e
  • Like 2

Doesn't seems to give the route information, all I get displayed is the destination address, estimated time of arrival, is there another option I need to take? 

set your route - once it's calculated its Route then Route Info the Route List........ easy peasy (when you know how)

now if someone can only tell me how to upload my own POI's to amundsen..............

I knew someone would tell you

I have checked the manual to see if you can display the route details once you have selected the fastest, shortest or economical route. But I can't find it anywhere? I would like to know what route the sat nav is taking me especially if the AA planner has suggested a route that avoids known congestion points. Anyone got any ideas?

How about this - When you set the route tap on view menu at the bottom line then tap split screen and in the pop up window choose manoeuvre

Hope this is what you are looking :)

• 1 month later...

I've just returned from France and had similar difficulties in trying to see where the 3 options would take me.

I resorted to minimising the route ( closing fingers together on touch screen ) so I had an overview of the route, then moving to an area where I wanted to check, then 'zooming in' with my fingers using the touch screen again.

Annoying thing for me was once selecting a route to the next day's trip, I couldn't then store it as it always seemed to give me the 3 options again. I had to make a mental note of 'choose option x' when re-calculating when actually wanting to  go to the destination.

On some occasions, once starting the route after glancing at the map and heading on the option we wanted, the sat nav then would pick up this option quickly and follow it through to destination.

A very positive thing for me was the speed limits were shown, top left of display. I'd also altered my 'driving data' >'speed' on the dash board digital display and changed it to kph so I didn't have to do a quick mental calculation, or look at a note about speeds as per other years!

Have very mixed feelings about this Amundsen sat nav.

Edited by Devonchap

I do have a tendency to temporarily stick it in 2D mode and then scroll around a bit to check that I like the route before putting it back in 3D mode to set off. I have it set to fastest route only though, I don't need options from the sat nav, and if I don't like what it says then I just ignore it. It'll recalculate sooner or later!