'2017' Octavia release in Australia seriously good value

Last week I was remarking that here in Australia the Octavia does not sell at much under the equivalent Golf (compared to UK and other Euro countries).

This week the 2017 Octavia was released with a model consolidation which means the lowest spec Ambition, is offering amazing features for a price that knock the socks off the competition here, including the Golf.

For A$25000 drive away price you can get a manual sedan 110kw 1.4tsi with adaptive cruise control, autonomous braking, reversing camera with rear sensors, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, 17-inch alloy wheels and a 6.5-inch touchscreen.

There is also a car-care package covering the first 3 services and an additional 2 year warranty for A$1900.

The 'Style' version is loaded with additional gear representing an improvement in value of around A$3000.

I don't think the RS versions have changed much, but as in the UK they are a major part of Octavia sales.

That is a game changer here where as a remote market historically we tend to get ripped off especially when our Dollar was incredibly strong.

It will be interesting to see how the market responds as previous fairly heavy advertising and sponsorship of major cycling events only brought limited sales growth.

The $A trades around 2 for 1 Pound.

Have just bought a fully speced petrol VRS in Adelaide.  At first I thought it expensive but a quick compare with the UK price (where I bought my last VRS in 2010 for GBP 17000 and 0% and it's really good value).  1% finance here at the moment.

A very happy man.

Used to but it dropped right down to 5% hence the imminent demise of our own car manufacturing operations (Ford, Holden and Toyota). The period of high Aussie dollar did not help either.

We also have free trade agreements with a number of countries such Thailand, China and Japan.