Stud bolt covers - new style badge

Hi All,

Every so often I change a few small things to try and lift the age of my car. For example the last little change I made was changing all the internal lights to LED and that made a big difference.

So this time around I want to change the stud bolt covers to a metal chrome. However all I seem to find is plastic painted chrome and the quality is very poor. Any ideas out there?

I would also like to change the 4 wheel badges and rear and front badge to the new style. I have seen a few threads on here and when they first came out your only option was to get them from the dealer is that still the best option?

Thanks

Mathew

You can get all the badges from ebay cheaper than a dealer. Mind you, I have only just changed all mine and to prevent any mistakes, I did pay extra and bought from a dealer. Because they were an exact fit with the correct pins on the back of the badges, I personally thought the extra was worth it. There are other part numbers that fit, such as a badge from the Skoda Citigo, but you usually have to break off the pins on the back as they are situated in a different position to the original badges. There are many posts from members who have fitted other Skoda model badges to their Octavias.

Don't know your vehicle details, but here are the part numbers that fitted my car. 

5J0853621AUL

5J0853621AAUL

5JA601151FOD.

• Like 1

Iam happy to buy original from a dealer for the same points you mention

My rear badge is 80mm and my front looks to be 90mm. The wheel caps appear to be 56mm a bot of an odd size.

Out of interest what did you pay for all 3 parts? And did the wheel hub come in a set of 4?

I have found the following

Front Grill Badge

Rear Boot Badge

Hub caps

I bought mine from Rainworth Skoda. The front and rear ones were £14.74 each. Front 90mm and rear 80mm. A set of 4 wheel caps were £34.51, I think I overpaid for the caps! The price shown on your post for the wheel caps is good. 

They all are correct for my VRS octavia and the fit was spot on. Forgot to mention, there was the dreaded VAT on top.

Edited by roaddetective

All badges ordered from Ebay in the details above I will report my findings.

The only badge to do then will be the steering wheel. But is that even possible?

I have received all the badges today and already fit the ones to the wheels they do look good!!!

I will set on the rest over the weekend if its dry!!!

Quick question I know the front unit you need to drill out the old locating pins. What about the boot badge do you still have to drill them out which means take the boot trim off?

Does anyone add more glue / adhesive than what’s provided or will that be upto the job?

Or like I did, use an old credit card. Push it firmly behind the badge and run it all around. You should then be able to lever the badge off with the card. I did not even have to heat the badge up to loosen the glue.The pins are fixed to the badge. My badges were the new ones that fit perfectly my model of car, with the correct pins. If your pins don't look the same as the old badges you take off, you just need to snap the pins off the new one and stick it on. The sticky rear of the new badge should be all you need for it to stay on. Without pins to line the badge up, make sure you get it straight and centre first time! The front and rear badges should only take you 10mins to do. Dead easy.

Well all done took about 20 mins all around and to do the wheels.

What a difference really lift the age of the car!!!

Has anyone been able to change the steering wheel badge?

You don't want to mess with that badge, it has a mini bomb behind it, or you might know it as an air bag!! I wonder if there is a new look sticker that goes over the top of the old steering wheel badge? If there is, I don't know how good it would look though. 

Well all done took about 20 mins all around and to do the wheels.

What a difference really lift the age of the car!!!

Has anyone been able to change the steering wheel badge?

Just put a sticker over it, if you are still after center caps a air saw blade or flat hacksaw blade gets behind them and you can pry them out without taking the wheel off.

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk