VRS Front Windscreen colour/tint - what should it be?

As per topic title.

I have a crack in my front windowscreen & are having it replaced via insurance (£70). However, when I rang them they asked me to confirm that the tint in the screen was green. I told them I believed it was grey but then was told that the only colour listed was green.

After taking a look, I'm pretty sure its not green, its definately grey with a tint of dark blue perhaps.

Is the grey VRS window screen (MK1 2003) used on any of model of Fabia? This way I can tell them to look that up rather than the VRS.

Also, does anyone have a part number for the VRS Screen.

Thanks.

Here's all the part numbers for windscreens on 2003 Fabias...

ttt786788.png

Edited by TMB

So is the grey one standard for my Vrs? Black 2003.

Did it change at some time to green or is it down to paint colour?

There are no grey ones, they're green as it shows on the thing I posted. What he means by top tint is the sun band at the top.

Like this...

b_12815_celni_sklo_zelene_s_sedym_pruhem

Edited by TMB

Thanks TMB, that's the one fitted on my car.

When I talk about the tint I actually meant the tinted band at the top, not glass colour. My friend had a screen replacement on his Vrs about 8 years ago and they (AutoGlass) brought the wrong glass colour and he reckons the top tint band was green or blue (not like grey one as shown in the picture).

When I talk about the tint I actually meant the tinted band at the top, not glass colour.

Ah OK, sorry about that :)

My elegance has a green sunset strip at the top, it's the original screen.

Elegance was different from the vRS. Original Fabia vRS sun strip is almost black fading to dark gray like the one shown in the post above. The glass is green, mine still has it's original screen and it's a '54 plate and it's just like the one posted.

they put a green band at the top of mine too when they replaced my windscreen, exact same as you and said the only colour listed was green. Looks really odd and annoyed me so I put an aftermarket black sun strip on