My New Toys (DashCam)

Finally got myself a Dashcam fo my Baby...

FK6m023.jpg

Got a nice £33 discount from the RAC, cos my wife is a member, which I promptly spent on Amazon on a Few bits for her birthday and the Extra stuff needed to fit the Dashcam(s)... I'm still waiting for the Piggy-Back Fuse holder and a set of Blade Fuses, but I've got a new set of Crimps and some Panel Removal tools... Which have a rather hilarious translation of the instructions from Chinese to English on the back...

BsxlCSu.jpg

Once I have everything I'll make a 'Fitting Log' and Test Video's on here for all to see... :)

• Like 2

Just love those chinglish instructions! (Although I must admit I can speak it quite well myself after a few too many!)

Good luck with the fitting, it's quite straight forward really.

I had this one for a couple of months now. The video quality is superb (front & back). Slim format so that front camera tucks neatly away behind driver mirror. All menus accessed & controlled from your smart phone.

To many incorporated useless widgets such as lane departure, frontal collision warning. The endless pinging drives you mad so they are soon turned off. Useful speed camera database though.

Good Korean quality & no battery (Super capacitor).

Only problem? supplied 32 gig memory card isn't really big enough for 2 cameras, & it doesn't handle 64Gig too well, keeps saying memory card error, & I've tried several known good cards.It does after several attempts load OK (until the next time).

Only problem I have is... My Smartphone is Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 830) and there's no App for Windows (and they don't look like they're gonna make one!)... Luckily I have an old Hanspree 10" tablet, which I've stripped down and ONLY has the Thinkware App on it (for now... cos it's soooooo slow!!)