Fuel filter clips

so today i decided to replace the fuel filter looked easy enough ohhhh was i wrong firstly jubilee clip was shot had to snap it off then comes the pesky clips could i get it off could i hell managed to brake the clip so checked for leaks all fine so left it alone so now my question does anybody know if i can replace the clips in the fuel pipe as have seen some on flebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dorman-800-021-Fuel-Filter-Line-Clips-Replaces-OE-1J0200059L-/351461901964#shpCntId

or would i need to buy a new fuel line help would be much appreciated 

Oh dear. I take it you've never seen any of the threads on here before about the fuel filter? Generally about two pages of 'be careful of the clips' tend to follow :)

Not much help now, sorry. Only route out is new fuel line...

• Like 1

Oh **** been here and done that.Just replace the fuel line easy to do only takes about 20 mins to do.I got one from a local breakers off a beetle 1.8t perfect swap cost me £20 and at least then you know it's safe.And if you need any help your only down the road from me just let me know I don't mind

Edited by greengoddess69
  • Like 1

New OEM fuel line from back of fuel filter to the tank is about £17.50, not sure on price of the one from the filter to the engine bay, or even if it is still available.

Yes u can buy them but u have to buy the 3 and they about £100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like your dealer was trying to pull a fast one, I bought the single pipe from rear of filter to the tank.

I am not sure about the rear to tank but there is 3 at the front of filter to engine u carnt buy the separate no3 in picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to buy the same fuel pipes too as the guy I bought the car off did exactly the same. Cost me £79 for all 3 pipes and about 20 mins to fit. Mine were leaking badly though every time ignition was switched on or car was switched off. Drip drip drip drip.

Shame you don't have a local breakers near you.As you could have bought just the black pipe that is if you only needed that one.Bloody robbers these car company's for something that probably only cost £6 to make.

• 1 year later...
On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 20:27, greengoddess69 said:

Oh **** been here and done that.Just replace the fuel line easy to do only takes about 20 mins to do.I got one from a local breakers off a beetle 1.8t perfect swap cost me £20 and at least then you know it's safe.And if you need any help your only down the road from me just let me know I don't mind

Did you have to drop the fuel tank to replace the feed line...??

8 minutes ago, absolutuk said:

Hi absolutuk the line I replaced was the one from the filter too the engine bay so no need to drop the tank 

26 minutes ago, greengoddess69 said:
36 minutes ago, absolutuk said:

Hi absolutuk the line I replaced was the one from the filter too the engine bay so no need to drop the tank 

Thanks for getting back to me....

Mine is the one from the tank to filter, looks like a tank drop job... cheers anyway

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 18:57, andy68 said:

Sounds like your dealer was trying to pull a fast one, I bought the single pipe from rear of filter to the tank.

Did you drop the tank to replace this...??? and if so how much of a pain was it...??? TIA

On 03/06/2018 at 20:43, absolutuk said:

Did you drop the tank to replace this...??? and if so how much of a pain was it...??? TIA

Got my mate to do it at his garage, he cable tied one end to the other and gently pulled it through.

1 minute ago, andy68 said:

Got my mate to do it at his garage, he cable tied one end to the other and gently pulled it through.

Cheers

I attacked mine today and got the job done, had to drop the tank down...  

Can you not buy "repair kits" from VW Group dealerships, I bought a couple for when I meant to replace the fuel filter on a 2002 Polo 1.4 16V, found them listed in another area of the parts listing, ie EKTA - never did replace that filter though, traded the car in.