Rear wiper ghosting on engine start up.

Strange one here guys.

Lately when I start my car the rear window wiper operates for one sweep while the car is still in park. Just wondering if anyone has heard about this before?

Is your battery charge level low? I find mine does this if the battery charge is low, I hve a dashcam on 24/7 and especially in winter I find the wiper does a sweep when starting up, always assumed it was due to low battery causing something to kick in and wipe?

I am running a lightweight racing battery so it might have something to do with the battery charge in winter here now. Funny thing is it does not ghost on every start. Interesting thanks for the input.

Edited by mmmRacer
  • Like 1

I was playing around with an aftermarket head unit a couple of days back and drained my battery. One of the last things that happened before I lost power was the rear wiper wiping away. Don't think it did only one wipe though. Maybe it was getting desperate as I kept using the last few jolts of power.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi, this just started happening to my Fabia 12 plate desiel 1.6

Last night I left the interior lights on and had a flat battery. After recharging the battery the problem with the rear wiper giving one arc when engine is fired up has disappeared. Rear and front wipers work ok. It's a bit of a mistery.