Clicking clutch pedal

Has anyone else noticed a single click feeling of the clutch when depressing, but not all the time, only when changing gear at low speeds and not when ingnition off etc? 1.4 TSI.

I get this when changing from 1st to 2nd; almost like a little bit of resistance in the clutch pedal or clutch mechanism. The immediate gear change is very notchy afterwards too.

I have took mine back but the technician could not feel it. I am toying with taking it back in again, as it does not feel right.

Same problem with my 1.4 TSI ACT Wagon from Italy.

I took the car to the skoda service twice and each time the same answer. The noise Is normal and typical for the 1.4 TSI...

Moreover, It is a noise that comes from the gearbox shafts:

At low rpm, from first to second gear, when you push the clutxh pedal you can ear the gearbox clutches shafts vibrate due to tolerances that the skoda considers normal.

It is a metallic noise like some iron marbles that impact each other.....or....It seems as if transmission gears touched for a moment each other....

It affects other vw group car....

I was discouraged from using another tupe of oil....more dense to eliminate the noise because the gearbox will not work correctly.

Bye!

P.s. Apologize for my english

Edited by fabbro76

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this.....

I took my car back to the dealers complaining about the rough gear change, and although the technician could not feel anything, they contacted Skoda UK, who advised them to change the gear shift mechanism. 

I now have a car that has very smooth gear changes and the clicking feeling has gone too. It is back to being very smooth and a joy to drive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...