17 wheels help

I just bought some new wheel (good price) and they are 215/45/17 anybody have them fited and if is necessary any other upgrade as the car doesn't have different suspension its the original one, i saw on the forum they say it have to be 205/40/17 tyres sow any advice helps thanks.

If people on the forum have said to fit 205/40 tyres then perhaps your 215/45 tyres may rub on the wheel arch.

The standard suspension is very high so I would of thought the clearance should be enough to prevent any rubbing. Keep an eye on your tyres and listen out when going over speed bumps or when you're fully loaded for any hints of rubbing.

JRJG

Well don't get rid of the tyres just yet. As I say because you haven't lowered your car there might not be any rubbing happening.

Unless the tyres are ready for changing I wouldn't swap them until I was certain they do rub!

JRJG

I just put the wheels on today and the only place where is touch is the back left wheel its like a box i need to make some space in there otherwise good

Hmmm... I hate to say it but if it is already touching, it will definitely be touching when you have four passengers and a boot full of things. Or when you go over a speed bump. I think I will have to advise you to get smaller profile tyres.

JRJG

The problem is I saw it late in the forum, end of it im gonna buy new tyres and get rid of this ones. Cheers

Do this, you've bought tyres that are too big, I have no idea why you 'guessed' what size you needed but you guessed wrong. Sell them on the bay and you'll get most of your money back.