Octavia 03 wiper judder

As you can see in this video;

https://youtu.be/-_A59mi3heE

New wipers tested first.

Clayed, and cleaned windscreen. Only happens on one function. When you demand only one wipe. And on the return down. The dealer is acting like its never happened before, but is a major issue on golf7.

Strange. And I do not want to fo much work since it is under warranty delivered week 22 2016.

Any ideas?

If new wipers haven't sorted it then next would be the actual arms themselves, could be a weak spring in the arm. After that the linkages would be next, although I would have thought it would do it on all speeds.

If new wipers haven't sorted it then next would be the actual arms themselves, could be a weak spring in the arm. After that the linkages would be next, although I would have thought it would do it on all speeds.

I have tested it on all speeds right now. It happens then as well. Its just so fast its hard to see.

I think new arms. Dealer won't do a thing unless Skoda says so

Can you find someone else with the same model that you can swap arms with to see if it is the problem first? Although I doubt new wiper arms are that pricey

Well, I cant do things like that. Then they say I ruined something and Im stuck.

Its a very strange thing. Going for a long drive in Europe. They have had 2 weeks to solve it. Did nothing.

Well, I cant do things like that. Then they say I ruined something and Im stuck.

Its a very strange thing. Going for a long drive in Europe. They have had 2 weeks to solve it. Did nothing.

Good point, best to keep on at the dealer than I reckon

Too much product on the glass.

Mine do this if I accidentally get any polish on the windscreen and/or use Rainx.

You can tell there is something on the glass by the way the water is beading and running off it.

Completely strip all the product off the windscreen and things will improve.

• Like 2

Mine do this if I accidentally get any polish on the windscreen and/or use Rainx.

You can tell there is something on the glass by the way the water is beading and running off it.

Must be something from the prep at the dealer. I have not treated it. Will go for som Carpro ceriglass to clean it completely.

I had the same problem when the car was new. Cleaned windscreen with paint thinner which removed all the waxes. Never happened again.   

• Like 1

I did polish the windscreen with Carpro Ceriglass and Rupes LHR15. There seemed to be some Wax or something on the side of the screen. Now the wipers move as they should.

Thanks for all your replies. Probably the detailer at the dealer who was a bit unlucky.

• Like 2

I did polish the windscreen with Carpro Ceriglass and Rupes LHR15. There seemed to be some Wax or something on the side of the screen. Now the wipers move as they should.

Thanks for all your replies. Probably the detailer at the dealer who was a bit unlucky.

You have detailers at your dealers????

• 2 weeks later...

Going to have to try this myself as mine have started doing this after changing to new Bosch wipers and I religiously use Rain-X 2-in-1 cleaner and rain repellent stuff on all the windows.

What is the best way to clear this all off (the windscreen)?

• Like 1